Nebo Vs Robert Williams

3,379 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by bobinator
Pumpkinhead
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pumpkinhead with a hot take. If I had to choose between Nebo or Robert Williams on my college team, I would go with Nebo. I think he is nearly the physical freak as Robert (just not as long a wing span) but has a more consistent reliable motor. His ability to time blocks seems just as good. He is an elite rim protector at the college level. With Williams during his college career, I felt you never knew what you were going to get. Williams would sometimes take bad shots on offense, Nebo on the other hand rarely does because he knows his specific role and sticks to it. Don't know if Nebo has an NBA career but he has the maturity you would want in a pro and no doubt will make some good money somewhere after college.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Nebo is the more polished college player but Robert's ceiling is way higher.
Method Man
I'm not sure. Robert Williams definitely did more stupid stuff. His great games were quite amazing
JJxvi
AG
Id like to have a do over with the rest of that roster...
greg.w.h
AG
I think Nebo has put the time and effort in to distinguish himself here. My sensation is that he isn't quite as athletic as RW and he doesn't have the mass to be an NBA center and needs to develop an outside shot in addition to his post game to be more than a role player.

He's not working on that here that we have seen which means he'll be evaluated more as a PF and I'm not sure how he performs at the next level given that framing.

In college, though, it's hard not to compare RW more to DJ. But Nebo seems to drink deeply of the desire to help the team.
miller0926
AG
Ya I started thinking the same exact thing after he blocked that 3 yesterday. This is a tough call IMO, but I think it is probably the correct call. 100% agree on the maturity and work ethic. If only Nebo had the post moves Davis had though...
Method Man
I think Nebo goal tends every time.
Serious Lee
miller0926 said:

If only Nebo had the post moves Davis had though...
or if he had davis to play next to
DukeMu
Method Man said:

I'm not sure. Robert Williams definitely did more stupid stuff. His great games were quite amazing

Yeah, RW could take over a game. He's a smart kid. Just needed Stansbury and Keller around.
DukeMu
Walt Luddiger said:

miller0926 said:

With the 3 point line moved out, not a terrible idea. But every D would UVa packline us, and dare us to shoot outside.
greg.w.h
AG
Walt Luddiger said:

miller0926 said:

He has next best thing: Davis as a coach.
jaxisback
I've thought about this same topic and I think the only major difference that gives Robert a physical edge is his length. I think that length enabled Robert to be more effective offensively as he finally started to develop some offensive game in his last season here. Nebo seems to have to labor more with the shorter wingspan to create offensive separation.

I think defensively, Nebo makes up for the length shortage with an unbelievably quick twitch spring in his legs. He also has a more compact, slightly lower center of mass that helps him hold position. The combination of these factors results in an uncanny ability to wait to the very last second to commit airborne coupled with a high rise elevator.
MMantle
AG
Nebo, 100% effort every minute he's on the floor, not so with RW.

RR
monarch
S
Agreed; you never really knew which RW you were going to get on any given day.
expresswrittenconsent
Can we get an opinion from the genius who thinks tyler davis and charles Barkley are the same player?
greg.w.h
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

Can we get an opinion from the genius who thinks tyler davis and charles Barkley are the same player?
I was referring to BD btw...
DukeMu
greg.w.h said:

Walt Luddiger said:

miller0926 said:

He has next best thing: Davis as a coach.

We better dress up Bryan, as we're shooting 23.5% 3FG!
GrayMatter
AG
Quote:

If I had to choose between Nebo or Robert Williams on my college team, I would go with Nebo
Agreed.

RW had a higher ceiling that we never really got to see. He was a nice surprise and a great athlete, but it seemed there at the end that he was trying to do too much to look good for the scouts.

Nebo has been more reliable, consistent, and a better team defender; he may not be the same flashy player as Williams, but I think he has a bigger motor.

If RW can make an NBA roster, Nebo can too.
Double Diamond
Nebo no doubt.
Method Man
Oh there is doubt. Go watch Rob against ucla or uk
bobinator
AG
I'd rather have Nebo as my best post player, but I'd rather have Williams as my second best post player if that makes sense.

I'd rather have Williams' length and just freak ability if I already have a rock solid 5 like a Tyler Davis. Williams was probably worth a basket a game just from the other team freaking out about where he was and trying not to get dunked on and forgetting that Tyler Davis was actually a better player.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.