Plano West Basketball 2014-2015

9,942 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by ericbraden
Pumpkinhead
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Given that Plano West High School has become an official sponser of Texas A&M athletics, I thought I'd put out a post about their high school basketball team. It is not too often that you have a Texas high school team with two highly rated A&M basketball commits playing on it. In fact...this seems like maybe the first time, but maybe someone can think of another case.

If any aggie basketball fan lives in the DFW area, might be cool to catch one of their games.

Here is their home page:

http://media.hometeamsonline.com/photos/basketball/PLANOWESTBASKETBALL/team_first.jpg

Pre-Season Rankings

Their team is pre-season ranked #14 nationally by Max-Preps. They are ranked #19 nationally by USA TODAY.

Players to Watch

Tyler Davis (#34), Aggie commit

DJ Hogg (#1), Aggie commit

Sosa Jamabo (#23), potential 2015 Aggie football RB target, is good friends with not only Davis and Hogg but also Kyler Murray.

Mickey Mitchell (#00), decommitted from Ohio State, fun player to watch, maybe ends up at Texas Tech where is LB brother Mike transferred to?

Updates on this board from graduates or current students of Plano West are welcome

I know we got at least a couple here. So feel free to give us updates on games that you attend and the on court performance of Davis and Hogg and the PW team. I'll try to bump this thread as necessary once the basketball season starts. Looks like first game is early November.
agfan1030
phorizt
Sloan and Roland.
Method Man
quote:
Sloan and Roland.
seagoville
LeftyHound
AG
Really hoping these guys get an invite to the Westlake Christmas Classic tournament. I always have a good time watching that tournament, and they bring in some great programs for it.
MavsAg
AG
Went to West and they are certainly getting some talent. No doubt they are recruiting though. Prior to last year they never had anyone go to a power house program.

Also, I've heard Mickey Mitchell transferred back to Prestonwood.
TXAggie2011
AG
quote:
Really hoping these guys get an invite to the Westlake Christmas Classic tournament. I always have a good time watching that tournament, and they bring in some great programs for it.
They're going to the Whataburger Tournament in Fort Worth.

Dec. 29-31.
TXAggie2011
AG
quote:
Went to West and they are certainly getting some talent. No doubt they are recruiting though. Prior to last year they never had anyone go to a power house program.

Also, I've heard Mickey Mitchell transferred back to Prestonwood.
Eh, maybe. They've had really good athletes before, albeit maybe not on the basketball court.

Its a big school in a big town and sometimes the stars line up. I know about Mickey, that raises a question or two, but I'm not familiar when the rest of them came to Plano. Someone know?
McCoveysCove
Pretty sure some teammates fromKashmere in Houston in late 70's went to A&M. Godine and Williams?
ericbraden
Mickey is still at West for the year...he also re-committed to Ohio State
touchdown96
AG
I'm friends with the west coach and went to watch them last year against Plano east. Avery jr was small but smart. Dj is the real deal...good touch and good handler for his height. Soso was not as strong of a presence as I thought he would be. Tyler was still in eligible because he was going to a Frisco school but his mom moved into p west's zone and the Frisco coach complained to the uil that te move was athletics based. Mickey was hurt. If they stay relatively injury free, they have a great shot at state this year.
Heismanziel2
I know for a fact that Mickey Mitchell has not transferred back to Prestonwood.
Hop
Staff
AG
quote:
Pretty sure some teammates fromKashmere in Houston in late 70's went to A&M. Godine and Williams?

And their recruitment put A&M on probation back then.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Another Plano West 2014-2015 Basketball Team Photo

2015 Texas A&M basketball commit DJ Hogg (in center holding the ball).
2015 Texas A&M basketball commit Tyler Davis standing to Hogg's right.
Potential 2015 Texas A&M RB football commit Soso Jamabo standing to Hogg's left.

Mickey Mitchell, 2015 Ohio State Basketball commit, standing to Tyler Davis's right.

jt2hunt
AG
what is up with all the signs?
ericbraden
Number 22 is Ryan Smith, he played at JP2 last year and looked like a good hustle player. #4 is Chris Giles a stud c/o 2017.

This team could be realllllly good
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.