Android App Feedback and Bug Report

1,513 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by gman4455
ooshwa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
Hope you enjoy the new Android App. Let us know of any trouble you have or bugs you discover.
flomoAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have been part of the beta testing and have never had a working icon. Still don't after the release. Uninstalled, and reinstalled just to make sure.
ooshwa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
Phone model and android version?
gman4455
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
I believe this has to do with changing the icon style on your home screen to something besides the default. It appears our app icon doesn't work with alternative styles. We will get this fixed
spieg12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I can't join in on the fun. Samsung S20+ Android version 13.


gman4455
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
Currently, our minimum supported OS is Android 15. We are looking to expand this quickly
flomoAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ooshwa said:

Phone model and android version?

Sorry, should have included that. Pixel 10 pro XL, Android 17
flomoAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gman4455 said:

I believe this has to do with changing the icon style on your home screen to something besides the default. It appears our app icon doesn't work with alternative styles. We will get this fixed

Confirmed. Changed from minimal to default and the icon is correct.
bray462
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Do we have to be a subscriber to access the forums on the app?
I get "Unauthorized Content: You don't have permission to access this content. This app feature is available to subscribers only" when I click on any topic.
ooshwa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
That is correct. Our apps are released as subscriber features:

"As far as access goes, while non-subscribers are able to download the app and read free stories, a TexAgs Basic subscription unlocks the vast majority of the app's functionality, including reading and interacting on the forums. You will need to subscribe or manage your subscription on our website that process is not available within the app."
Aggie71013
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If this is the case, can you disable the prompt every time I get on mobile via the web to download the app? Super annoying if forum access in the app is behind the subscription.
JJ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I occasionally get this error when I click on an image. Seems somewhat random in that sometimes the images load, others do not.

gman4455
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
Aggie71013 said:

If this is the case, can you disable the prompt every time I get on mobile via the web to download the app? Super annoying if forum access in the app is behind the subscription.

Can you share a screenshot of this? This is likely not something we are directly doing but Google Play/Android instead.
Aggie71013
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Think I resolved it myself. I installed the app and it was trying to redirect me from mobile to the app. Uninstalled the app and the prompts seemed to have stopped.

User error.
DDugat616
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
JJ said:

I occasionally get this error when I click on an image. Seems somewhat random in that sometimes the images load, others do not.



I get the same error. I also get kicked off of the forum thread I'm on and returned to the home page if I leave for another app (Twitter) and try to return.
PhxAzAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
app freezes when I hit the refresh icon at the end of a thread

also..text selection highlight within a thread can't be reset by touch selecting a new spot

Android15 on Galaxy s21+ 5G
Russ79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Think I resolved it myself. I installed the app and it was trying to redirect me from mobile to the app. Uninstalled the app and the prompts seemed to have stopped.

User error.

Could you help an old Ag that is pretty tech illiterate on how to do this. If I keep getting that subscription popup I might as well uninstall and forget about it.
DDugat616
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DDugat616 said:

JJ said:

I occasionally get this error when I click on an image. Seems somewhat random in that sometimes the images load, others do not.



I get the same error. I also get kicked off of the forum thread I'm on and returned to the home page if I leave for another app (Twitter) and try to return.

Any news on the above errors? It's very frustrating to leave the app ( not close it) and go to another app (text, chrome, etc), then go back to TexAgs and it kicks me back to the home page. Galaxy A16
DuriAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ooshwa said:

Hope you enjoy the new Android App. Let us know of any trouble you have or bugs you discover.


Not sure this has been discussed. I like to listen, not watch lunch with luicci and similar video segments. I have not determined how to listen only. The browser allows me to do that and then I can browse with audio. Now if I open in the browser, when I play it opens the app. Therefore I had to uninstall the app. I am using s21.
Counterpoint
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
When I use Google to search for something on Texags then click on the link, it opens up the app...but NOT on the page I was searching for. So then I have to disable the app to force it to open in the browser, which seems to defeat the whole purpose of an app!
ooshwa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
You are right. This is not intended, and we will get this fixed.
Aggieangler93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am using the android app and have turned off a lot of the notifications as I only really care for baseball and outdoors stuff. I am still getting notified about all sorts of football recruiting stuff and latest news, luicci posts, etc. How do I make that go away beyond pushing all those toggles to off in the settings? That only seems to work about half the time. I love the app!!! thanks for the hard work on it for us non fruit phoners.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
gman4455
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
Counterpoint said:

When I use Google to search for something on Texags then click on the link, it opens up the app...but NOT on the page I was searching for. So then I have to disable the app to force it to open in the browser, which seems to defeat the whole purpose of an app!

This is fixed in our latest update!
gman4455
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
Are you still getting notifications that you turned off? I checked your settings and all looks right. May need further investigation if you're still getting them
Aggieangler93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gman4455 said:

Are you still getting notifications that you turned off? I checked your settings and all looks right. May need further investigation if you're still getting them
I think I am ok now
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
Counterpoint
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gman4455 said:

Counterpoint said:

When I use Google to search for something on Texags then click on the link, it opens up the app...but NOT on the page I was searching for. So then I have to disable the app to force it to open in the browser, which seems to defeat the whole purpose of an app!

This is fixed in our latest update!

Thanks so much!
In the app, Is there any way you can make it so even old bookmarked threads automatically show up in my list if someone replies to them?
gman4455
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
This should already be the case. Is there a specific thread you're not seeing in your notification list that should be there? From the looks of it your bookmarks are showing up in your notifications. You can PM me if you want to diagnose further.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.