viewing images in app

1,160 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by raging sloaner
raging sloaner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I must be doing something wrong. Images on the app are scaled to fit the screen. In order to zoom in, you must click the image and view it by itself. When doing so, if you zoom in and then scroll to another section of the image (while still zoomed in) it will automatically resize the image back to normal and zoom back out.

Any image that is a table with stats is really frustrating to view.
ooshwa
Staff
AG
I'm not seeing the behavior you are describing. Let me make sure we're on the same page:

1. In the forums, you tap on a picture to bring up the image viewer
2. You "reverse-pinch" with two fingers to zoom in on the image
3. You use one-finger to "drag" the image around to view parts of it

Are you saying as you use one finger to move the image around it zooms back out?
raging sloaner
AG
Yeah, you described it perfectly. It doesn't do it every time, but most of the time. It just seems to be sensitive to how far I zoom in (reverse pinch) and then how far I drag my single finger to a different part of the image.

When this happens it backs out of image viewer and takes me back to the post, almost as if it thinks I'm intentionally scrolling out of image viewer to return to the post (if that makes sense).
ooshwa
Staff
AG
I think I see what you are referring to. If the zoomed-in image does not vertically fill your screen, the app does seem to be overly sensitive to a down-swiping motion (which closes the viewer). I'll talk the developer about this.

In the mean time, it might be helpful to zoom the image so it (over) fills the screen vertically. Then this sensitivity is removed. Otherwise, try no to drag-down downward (even diagonally).

Sorry for the trouble.
raging sloaner
AG
Thanks!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.