Youtube videos autoplaying on mobile?

1,045 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Psych
Tailgate88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For the past week or two I've noticed that as I scroll down a thread on my iPhone, some Youtube videos will start autoplaying. Well, I don't want to watch everyone of them, and I also don't want them autoplaying first thing in the morning while I'm laying in bed and my wife is still asleep...

Is this a TexAgs thing or ... ?
Psych
AG
I came here to post this. It's been longer than a week for me. Maybe 3 weeks or so.

If you barely touch the little box the video is in, it will start playing the video.

You used to have to click on the video and then hit the play button that comes up. Also If you hit play in the middle of the box, but towards the bottom, the video will start playing in the middle of the video.

This new way is much worse. It has caused a video to start playing in multiple quiet situations for me especially when my wife is sleeping.

Like the OP, I'm not sure if this is a Texags thing or YouTube thing, but please find a better way (like the old way) if it's on your end.
Psych
AG
Anyone? It's really annoying.
KT 90
AG
Agreed, something changed recently with the YouTube videos, and it isn't good. Auto playing these videos ( with sound) can be awkward in some situations.
Tailgate88
AG
Bump? Woke my wife up last night because a freaking video auto-played....not cool.
Al Bula
AG
Seems like the dev team/customer support here is non-existent. I've noticed this too a few times but figured I most be fat fingering while scrolling. Glad to see that i did not imagine it. For the YT auto play I have noticed it on Firefox. Guess I'll switch back to brave.

Hell i was even giving in to seeing ads to "support" this site but I guess it's back to blocking everything since no on cares to fix the other repeated log in bug me and at least one other user have due to having a comma in my username.
ooshwa
Staff
AG
It appears YouTube changed something on their embed where if you touch the YouTube video at all (even while just trying to scroll the screen), it plays. We're looking into this, but its a challenge.

We cannot recreate the scenario where the YouTube video auto-play without any interaction. If this happens for you, I'd love a screencast of the occurrence if possible, and at least the details of your phone, os and browser.
Tailgate88
AG
Thanks for the response. I am pretty sure it only happens when one accidentally touches the video, but it's hard to scroll on a phone without touching a video inadvertently from time to time. Thanks for trying to find a fix though.
Psych
AG
Any update to this?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.