Missing Twitter posts? Put your device info here

2,143 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Big Al 1992
gman4455
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
We're actively investigating the issue where Twitter embeds fail to load in the forums. The difficulty in getting this issue fixed is being able to reproduce the issue. If you're not able to see Twitter embeds, please reply with your device information in the following format:

Device Name
OS Version
Browsers affected (specific version for those that have it)

Additionally: For iOS devices using Safari, if you have any content blockers on, which can be found under "Setting > Safari > Content Blockers", please include that information as well. This step is the most important.

If you have multiple devices that are affected, list those separately. Here's an example post:
Quote:

iPhone 8
iOS 14.4.2
Safari & Chrome
AdBlock Pro for Safari

Desktop
Windows 10
Chrome (89.0) and Firefox (87.0)

MacBook Pro (Late 2015)
macOS 11.2.3
Safari
This will greatly help our efforts of nailing down the bug.

Edit: added info about content blockers.

Edit: look at this test and post results
cisgenderedAggie
IPhone XR
IOS 13.3.1
Safari
Pops81
AG
iPhone 6 (yup...it's old, as am I)
IOS 12.5.2
Safari
gman4455
Staff
AG
Do y'all have any content blockers installed on Safari? You can check for this in the Settings app under "Settings > Safari > Content Blockers"
TXAGEE
AG
iPad Air 2
iOS 14.4.2
Safari
AdBlock Plus, but with Texags whitelisted. Even with Adblock turned off, tweets still don't show in threads.
cypress-ag
AG
iPad 4 Air
IOS 12.5.2
Safari
No add blocking
Jack Klompus
AG
iPhone 6
iOS 12.5.2
Safari
I don't see "Content Blockers" but I have "Block Pop-ups" enabled and "Block all Cookies" turned off.
ooshwa
Staff
AG
Those having this trouble, does this link (a test from twitter itself) produce something that looks like this:

film grinder
That works, but I'm having issues on my thread I posted about an hour ago

ooshwa
Staff
AG
You just posting too much added code in your twitter link. In stead of:

https://twitter.com/FBDevCoach/status/1115989588835799042?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed&ref_url=notion%3A%2F%2Fwww.notion.so%2FRun-Fits-and-Box-s-are-lying-to-you-7a738f63b83f4aff9babf32340626789

http$://twitter.com/FBDevCoach/status/1115989588835799042

(except don't use the dollar sign. is used it so the system doesn't replace the link with the twitter embed)
TXAGEE
AG
My result:

ooshwa
Staff
AG
78681AG, that demonstrates something in your phone's configuration is blocking Twitter's scripts from properly display the tweets (independent of TexAgs)

We have also confirmed that the Twitter embed system (managed by Twitter) no longer works for iOS 12.5.2 (the latest version older iOS devices can upgrade too).

We're going to add some basic tweet text and a link (similar to the screen shot above) as a fall back for those where this embed isn't working.
TXAGEE
AG
ooshwa said:

78681AG, that demonstrates something in your phone's configuration is blocking Twitter's scripts from properly display the tweets (independent of TexAgs)

We have also confirmed that the Twitter embed system (managed by Twitter) no longer works for iOS 12.5.2 (the latest version older iOS devices can upgrade too).

We're going to add some basic tweet text and a link (similar to the screen shot above) as a fall back for those where this embed isn't working.

I've given up on this completely, but for the record, I completed a " Reset All Settings" on my iPad, cleared cache/history and restarted, and still can't see tweets in Safari. I have no idea how else to configure the iPad.
Pops81
AG
"We have also confirmed that the Twitter embed system (managed by Twitter) no longer works for iOS 12.5.2 (the latest version older iOS devices can upgrade too)."

So basically Twitter wants me to get a new device?? Ridiculous.
Big Al 1992
AG
When will this fix happen? Do we
Need to log out and log back in? Update latest iOS? This has been very frustrating last several weeks.
gman4455
Staff
AG
We've just rolled out some new changes to our Twitter embeds in the forums. With newer posts, the original text of the tweet will be visible in the post even if Twitter's embeds don't work on your browser. With older posts, the link will be displayed so you can easily navigate to the Tweet.

An example:
Big Al 1992
AG
Not sure why the tech changes but it was so much easier to read and utilize before.
gman4455
Staff
AG
The original Twitter embeds will still display if your device supports them. Since the list of devices that Twitter chooses to support is out of our control, we are implementing this change as a fallback so the Tweets are at least readable.
cypress-ag
AG
gman4455 said:

We've just rolled out some new changes to our Twitter embeds in the forums. With newer posts, the original text of the tweet will be visible in the post even if Twitter's embeds don't work on your browser. With older posts, the link will be displayed so you can easily navigate to the Tweet.

An example:

So the anger should be directed at Twitter. I appreciate the effort to do something besides a grey box but it doesn't give you the context of the tweet so worthless.
ooshwa
Staff
AG
Quote:

worthless.
cypress-ag
AG
ooshwa said:

Quote:

worthless.

ooshwa...not a slap at you guys, but bouncing back and forth between Texags and twitter is just a bit clunky. I get it I have an old device and you guys worked to make something happy. I do appreciate the effort, my blame goes to twitter not the Texags people. Yall were top notch.
ooshwa
Pops81
AG
So this morning, magically, Tweets started rendering properly again.

Was it TexAgs magic; or did Twitter go back to supporting older devices??

Just curious.
TXAGEE
AG
Started working on my iPad now, too.
ooshwa
Staff
AG
Twitter just fixed its support/bug for older devices.
Big Al 1992
AG
Thanks for working on fixes!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.