Video Player failed to load.

4,706 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Allen Butcher
drthoop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Probably a problem on my end but thought I'd check. What video player do I need. I use Firefox and just had an upgrade, maybe that's it. Any help would be appreciated.
Tom Hooper '82,'84,'86---- College Station, Texas
drthoop
AG
Gonna try this one more time. When I click on a video I get the following message. Can someone tell me what I need to do to fix this?

Sorry, the video player failed to load.(Error Code: 101101)

HarleySpoon
AG
test
theNetSmith
AG
drthoop said:

Gonna try this one more time. When I click on a video I get the following message. Can someone tell me what I need to do to fix this?

TexAgs uses a component called jwplayer for embedded videos. According to the jwplayer error reference, a 101101 means that the jwplayer.core component failed to load.

I used to be unable to view videos on TexAgs when I was on the company network.. probably some port was blocked.. are you on a corporate network or VPN?
drthoop
AG
theNetSmith said:

drthoop said:

TexAgs uses a component called jwplayer for embedded videos. According to the jwplayer error reference, a 101101 means that the jwplayer.core component failed to load.

I used to be unable to view videos on TexAgs when I was on the company network.. probably some port was blocked.. are you on a corporate network or VPN?
I started using a VPN a few months back. Just about the time this problem cropped up. I'll bet that's it. I'll shut off and see if that fixes the problem. Thanks.
theNetSmith
drthoop
AG
theNetSmith said:

drthoop said:

Well killing the VPN didn't help. Is this jwplayer something that may have gotten deleted from my computer? I'm an old and do pretty well but that is above what I'm fluent in.
Actually my Firefox upgraded about that time too so I'm going to try and reload jwplayer. I found a download site.
theNetSmith
AG
You shouldn't have to download anything. The code for the website handles ensuring that you have the jwplayer and any related/supporting files necessary for video playback. If you don't, they will be downloaded "behind the scenes".

At this point, staff/Josh might want to get involved to help you determine why the player isn't working for you.

Sorry I couldn't figure it out.
drthoop
AG
Yeah I found that out. Thanks for giving it a go. Maybe one of them will come along eventually.
ooshwa
Staff
AG
theNetSmith, is correct, there is nothing to download. my first suggestion would be to try to play the videos on a different browser. this should help determine if you have a Firefox issue or a network issue. Looks like you are on Windows, so either Chrome or Edge would be a good option to try.
drthoop
AG
ooshwa said:

theNetSmith, is correct, there is nothing to download. my first suggestion would be to try to play the videos on a different browser. this should help determine if you have a Firefox issue or a network issue. Looks like you are on Windows, so either Chrome or Edge would be a good option to try.
Thanks and I'll give it a try.
drthoop
AG
ooshwa said:

Videos will play on Chrome. Problem is I don't like Chrome or Edge either one. Is there a fix for Firefox or I just do without? Don't mean to sound like I'm being difficult but I'm not changing browsers. I'll just do without.
Oh and this is a recent occurance. I did not have this problem before. Don't know whether it was an update to Firefox or something but it worked before.
drthoop
AG
Went in and did a refresh of Firefox. Did away with the extensions. Everything fine. Now I have to figure out which extension was causing the problem.
ooshwa
Staff
AG
Glad you found the culprit.
Allen Butcher
I started getting to errow code 101101 when I try to open the video that is in the article. This happen some time back and its here again. can you help?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.