Tweet Embedding Change Request

1,203 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Stewade
TelcoAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can the tweet embedding feature be modified to remove parent tweets? Please see this post as an example of why this can be an issue: https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2829785/replies/48341233

Right now, TexAgs just uses the default blockquote wrapper from Twitter and is missing the attribute:
data-conversation="none"

I think this will make even a small tweet-stream easier to read, as it helps readability and avoiding unwanted content being posted by mistake.
ooshwa
Staff
AG
Thanks for the suggestion. We'll check it out.
Stewade
Staff
AG
Howdy Telco. I see what you mean, but I do think there's value in being able to see the context in most cases. I would say posting a string of tweets like this is more of the exception than the rule. In most cases, I imagine, you'd want to see what they were replying to.
TelcoAg
AG
Plus, it's a pretty good deterrent against filling a thread with a tweet storm (which, you're right, is pretty rare).

Gracias for the reply.
Stewade
Staff
AG
Haha, that's true. Can't these journos just post a notepad screenshot with their signature like recruits are doing now?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.