Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Anyone ever eat a head cheese sandwich growing up?

742 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Backyard Gator
Backyard Gator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Some nostalgia in this video:



Never ate a head cheese sandwich.

I heard about government cheese after I was in college, I never heard of government peanut butter. I'm sure they'd still give that away today if they could, except people would claim they're allergic.
htxag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not going to lie, that video was painfully slow and hard to watch. I didn't make it.

I never had a head cheese sandwich growing up. Have had head cheese as an adult. Want to say first time I had it was in Spain.

We basically lived on fried bologna sandwiches. Was a place near me that had a smoked fried bologna sandwich with a thick slab of bologna. So good but the place closed.
TxSquarebody
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We made it. Every year we would butcher 3 hogs and papaw would make it.
Backyard Gator
How long do you want to ignore this user?

I apologize for making you watch the whole thing.

Here is an AI breakdown of the list if anyone else wants to know what the sandwiches are w/o watching the whole video.

Quote:

20
Mayonnaise and Tomato Sandwich
[01:34]
19
Fried Bologna Sandwich
[02:38]
18
Peanut Butter and Pickle Sandwich
[03:34]
17
Egg Salad Sandwich
[04:27]
16
Government Peanut Butter Sandwich
[05:28]
15
Underwood Deviled Ham Sandwich
[06:33]
14
Tuna Salad Sandwich
[08:21]
13
Cold Cheese and Mustard Sandwich
[09:22]
12
Potted Meat Sandwich
[10:18]
11
Brown Sugar and Butter Sandwich
[11:10]
10
Pimento Cheese Sandwich
[12:56]
9
Salmon Patty Sandwich
[13:42]
8
Liverwurst Sandwich
[14:34]
7
Hot Dog Sandwich (slit and fried flat)
[15:18]
6
Cold Meatloaf Sandwich
[16:17]
5
Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich
[18:08]
4
Olive Loaf Sandwich
[19:01]
3
Head Cheese Sandwich
[20:07]
2
Sugar Bread Sandwich
[21:11]
1
The "Wish" Sandwich (two slices of bread with nothing between them)
[22:22]

Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.