Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Nonalcoholic "Booze"

2,363 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by dustin999
High Functioning Moron
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I can't drink alcohol and am looking for some booze alternatives. Some of the NA beer are pretty good with Corona 0 tasting the closest to the real thing. Put a lime in it and you can barely tell the difference.

Have NA spirits caught up to the beer options? Maybe something like a whiskey alternative to make old fashioneds or mint juleps.
Matsui
AG
Yes they have
High Functioning Moron
Cool. Any reccomendations?
FIDO*98*
AG
Seedlip has some great recipes on their website to go along with their spirits. I prefer mocktails to N/A beer most of the time but do like Karbach Free and Easy and Lagunitas N/A IPA if you are looking for better beers without alcohol
Thisguy1
Best NA beers I've had are the Athletic brand.
Matsui
AG
Same
CharlieBrown17
AG
Thisguy1 said:

Best NA beers I've had are the Athletic brand.

Especially because of their Lemon Radler. Love a sour beer and having a N/A with a little sour kick is great for a dinner midweek when I don't really need to have a beer.
Matsui
AG
Zero ritual
Almalve tequila
dustin999
AG
My wife likes the zero ritual tequila with Lyre's Orange Sec for making margarita mocktails.

I've started mixing in some NA beer during the week and find it quite enjoyable. My favorites so far have been:

Guinness 0 (tastes identical to Guinness)
Karbach Free & Easy IPA
Best Day Brewing Kolsch
Best Day Brewing West Coast IPA

I'd put all 4 of these above the Athletic beers, although Athletic is pretty decent too.
lazuras_dc
AG
Spiritless 74 is the big bourbon one i've seen advertised around but I have not personally tried it. I've had numerous NA beers and tbh for me, they are all just fine! even O'douls.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Best day is good stuff too. Good variety
bmc13
AG
I really like the brewdog NA stuff but haven't seen it in HEB in a few months now.
Aggie Therapist
AG
Matsui said:

Zero ritual
Almalve tequila

That stuff was awful

Peppercorn and pepper……

Alcohol free spirits still have a long way to go but NA Beer is on point.

Athletic Brewing Company
Lagunitas
Dos Equis Lime & Salt Zero are all great
You’re not alone—the Veterans Crisis Line is here for you. You don’t have to be enrolled in VA benefits or health care to call.

Dial 988 Press 1
62strat
AG
anybody ever just put some booze in a pot and boil off the alcohol?

ftworthag02
AG
I had to stop drinking alcohol (definitely not because I drank too much) but have been pleased w/ Athletic
FIDO*98*
AG
I genuinely think there are better NA beers on the market than Athletic, but they are a woke left wing company so I don't care to support regardless. Sorry for the f16 comment, but Ags tend to be conservative so do with it what you will
Thisguy1
Are they? They're a big sponsor on MeatEater which is where I heard about them.
Aggie Therapist
AG
Didn't I see you at the Austin Pride parade wearing assless chaps?
You’re not alone—the Veterans Crisis Line is here for you. You don’t have to be enrolled in VA benefits or health care to call.

Dial 988 Press 1
FIDO*98*
AG
Yep, one of their founders was on a sobriety podcast I listened to and you can go to their website for confirmation
Aggie Therapist
AG
I'd rather a company help people live in sobriety than fall into a political category.
FIDO*98*
AG
Agree, that's what made no sense to me. Their are so many groups they could be supporting that are aligned with their product it was bizarre they are choosing political agendas instead
bigtruckguy3500
I don't drink, but decided to try a non alcoholic beer a few years ago. It was disgusting. Can't remember what brand it was.
big ben
AG
Corona 0
Peroni 0
Heineken 0
Sam Adams 0

Are all good in that order. And I am seeing stores selling out NA beer more and more often.
TXAG 05
AG
FIDO*98* said:

Agree, that's what made no sense to me. Their are so many groups they could be supporting that are aligned with their product it was bizarre they are choosing political agendas instead

Some people just can't help themselves
JYDog90
AG
I drink Fre Merlot. Which is an alcohol free red wine, it scratches an itch.
Formerly Willy Wonka
gigemags87
AG
The Phony Negroni is good.

https://stagrestis.com/
dustin999
AG
My only issue with that is the cost at $5/drink.

I've been exploring more ways to make mocktails at home, and preferably without having to buy a $40 bottle of imitation bourbon or whatever, but it's hard.

Here's one I've been making as of late that is similar to an aperol spritz (or maybe more like a red wine spritzer) without needing to buy NA wine or a NA aperol:

1 part tart cherry juice
1 part tonic water (I use diet tonic from HEB)
squeeze of lime

add ice to a wine glass, add ingredients, stir, and enjoy.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.