Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Flank Steak

2,087 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Bruce Almighty
Latrobe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is a cut of meat I grew up eating (except my parents said it was a throw away cut back then.they got it from the butcher for next to nothing)

We had a family recipe for the marinade that included

Coke
Soy sauce
Chili Sauce
Lemon juice
Worcestershire
Salt and pepper

Always cooked to medium rare and slice against the grain at an extreme angle.

I have cooked this many times for friends and it's always a winner!

I went ahead and changed it up with a reverse sear, utilizing the smoker and a cast iron griddle for the sear. Absolutely incredible.

CowtownAg06
AG
I use this one: https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/soy-saucemarinated-grilled-flank-steak-and-scallions

You marinate it after cooking. It's awesome and adds a good kick. Also, I make a double recipe and the leftovers are even better.
HTownAg98
I'm a fan of grilling it with just salt and pepper, and slicing it on an herby board sauce.
Max Power
AG
Steak looks good, do yourself a favor and get some proper Luxardo cherries for that old fashioned. They are a little pricey but totally worth it.
aglaes
AG
Had a flank steak at a restaurant in Colorado Springs. Best flank steak I've ever had. Was very tender and juicy and infused with a really nice jalepeno flavor. Wish I could figure out how they did it.
HTownAg98
Brine it in jalapeno pickle juice could be done, but it would need to be quick because of the acid. Another option is jalapeno powder.
B-1 83
AG
Received a large flank steak (along with fillets, NY Strips, hamburger, etc.) from the lady that leases our ranch (and several thousand acres more). Was wondering how to handle it. Keep the responses coming!

https://www.barnardbeef.com/
Cassius
Fiesta Fajita seasoning or 2 Gringos Chupacabra.

Anything else is too much work and not as good.
Garrelli 5000
AG
I made a nice Ropa Vieja recently with skirt steak. Many recipes call for flank however. That's another solid dish option.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I use flank for Chinese dishes like beef with broccoli, Mongolian beef and orange peel beef.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Speaking of skirt, dinner tonight

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.