Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Ketchup crisis, Whataburger, and an Aggie

1,541 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Garrelli 5000
Garrelli 5000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dear food diary,

Reading about the national ketchup shortage this AM reminded me of a Whataburger ketchup story from over a decade ago.

My wife and I had moved to Colorado and soon realized how much we missed Whataburger.

I randomly emailed them one day asking if they had plans expand their any time soon. Their VP of Property and Facilities wrote back saying thanks but no plans, etc.

My wife loved their ketchup so I asked if they could sell a case of packets (this was before they sold their condiments in stores).

Again - sorry, not available but....my assistant will hook you up.

A week or so later my ketchup arrived via Fedex. Unfortunately it had been packed in a padded envelope and all but 2 of the packets had been crushed

I found the email and the guy is now an executive VP at Whataburger. Turns out he's an Aggie too.

Food/Aggie related so I figured I'd share this story on the food board. Apologies there are no recipes included.
Take the trash out staff.
87AustinAg
AG
Don't know where you are located, but Austin news ran a quick story last night about Whataburger expanding to Colorado. First location will be in Colorado Springs area.
superunknown
AG
Confirming, had some of my remote peeps in the Springs super excited about Whataburger coming.
Garrelli 5000
AG
Backin God's country.

I assumed w/the Chicago buy-out they'd be expanding fairly quickly.
Take the trash out staff.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.