Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Nitrous oxide for whipped cream siphon local to CS?

1,266 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by MichaelJ
LGAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I ordered a whipped cream siphon and 12 N2O cartridges from Amazon. The siphon made it. The cartridges did not. Damaged in transit...

They're sending more but is there anywhere local I can buy them? I am jonesing to try Alton Brown's mousse.
aggiespartan
AG
I don't know, but I'll have to give that recipe a try. I didn't know he had one that used a whipper.
HTownAg98
He does, and it is supposedly damn good.
The chocolate microwave cake is the ugliest thing you've ever seen, but it is really really good.
biobioprof
The restaurant supply place on Texas in Bryan, Kesco, has them in their online catalog, but I can't tell if they have them in stock.

http://www.kescotexas.com/product-p/90060.htm

Checking online, you can get in-store pickup at Target and Wal-Mart for ISI cartridges, but neither has them in stock locally and they show next week (1/12) for the earliest date. So that probably isn't any better than waiting for Amazon.
LGAggie
AG
It's in his Everyday Cook cookbook. Everything I've made so far has been good.
aggiespartan
AG
HTownAg98 said:

He does, and it is supposedly damn good.
The chocolate microwave cake is the ugliest thing you've ever seen, but it is really really good.
I need to try a microwave cake too. They do that somewhat often on Masterchef Australia and they always get good reviews. I just haven't had time to play it with that much lately. Sounds like a good project for this weekend.
HTownAg98
You can do it with a chiffon cake.
Duncan Idaho
found this video of the op

LGAggie
AG
"I can't even get good drugs here!"
LGAggie
AG
The microwave cake has probably been our least favorite thing from Everyday Cook. I'm not sure why it wasn't better. I'll make it again and then maybe try to tweak it if we still aren't loving it.

MichaelJ
AG
I've got AB's new book. He apparently swears by nitrous pancakes too
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.