Weight limit of reserve personnel?

1,234 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by FCBlitz
FCBlitz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I work around many reservist. I have for the last few years seen an increase of really obese folks (mainly women)wearing uniforms.

Is weight tolerated differently in the reserves?
clarythedrill
HT/WT standards are the same for active duty and guard/reserve. The part timers have a habit of looking the other way with regards to this, and PT.

There are some really good guard/reserve units out there, so I am not denigrating the entire lot. Also, you will see non-combat arms units in the active force do the same every now and again, too.
Tango.Mike
Height/weight is enforced by the commander, and it's absurdly difficult to enforce even on active duty. When I was a company commander I chaptered dozens of people, relieved 2 first sergeants and an XO and 3 or 4 PL/PSGs - and I don't think I ever successfully chaptered an overweight. Sure, I barred one and chaptered 1 or 2 on the overweight program when they failed a PT test, but I don't think I ever got a real ht/wt complete. I know I never saw a ht/wt chapter packet from the companies when I was a BN cdr, and the CSM was religiously against fat people.

Then realize the reservist commander has a day job and far fewer resources
F4GIB71
It's been MANY years, but we had a flight surgeon in the ANG in Houston that they had to let the seatbelt all the way out to get him strapped in for a flight.
F4GIB71
FCBlitz
I have been at this civilian post for almost 1.5 years. Using reservist to fill billets is vey common. It seems that in the last year I have seen folks so round, that I almost think their uniforms are custom made.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.