Anyone here utilize the Compassionate Use Program

1,565 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Red1
MoreCushing4thePushing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Never used marijuana in my life. I'm VA rated 100% on PTSD. I'll try anything if it gets me off the amount of alcohol I drink. Would anyone be willing to offer their experience with this program?
Hey Nav
AG
I do know a therapist that works with a Psychiatrist, using ketamine therapy, in a very controlled environment. Ketamine can, for some, be effective with this issue.

They're in Houston.

http://houstonketaminetherapy.com/about/

https://ketaminewellnesscenters.com/va-community-care-network/

Brother, I just don't feel smoking pot is going to get you off alcohol. I'm very understanding of the situation you're in. There are better options. Give it a try, please.

PM me, please, in total confidence. Hang in there.
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
I'm gonna look into this. I appreciate the resources. I've done some different therapies (behavioral and EMDR). Probably looking at some sort of in-patient thing in the future.
BQ78
AG
On the radio this morning they were talking about using LSD and other psychedelics to treat PTSD.

I think I would opt for a Service Dog.
Ulysses90
AG
I cannot speak from personal experience as a I have neither a PTSD diagnosis nor have I had an Stellate Ganglion Block. However, I would like to pass on some information about a 501(c)(3) that is set up to pay for SGB treatment for Veterans suffering PTSD called For the Love of a Veteran.

https://www.fortheloveofaveteran.org/sgb-videos-and-testimonials.html

I was not familiar with SGB until an acquaintance, Lance, who was a former FMF Corpsman with fairly severe PTSD began working for FLV. Lance had received SGB and it was tremendously successful. Lance asked me to help publicize the treatment and ask for donations.

I was a bit wary of publicizing this charity and treatment but I had a friend who was a medically discharged combat veteran with some serious PTSD issues that had caused his departure from a job where he was tremendously talented over his temper and inability to follow simple procedural policies (he quit in a flash of anger when he was gently and tactfully counseled about not submitted expense reports at the end of each month). I also suspected that his marriage was blowing up.

I contacted my friend and suggested that he might want to try SGB and he replied immediately to thank me for the referral. He was not only familiar with SGB but had already benefitted from it. He said that he had received SGB three years earlier but the effects had worn off and he another treatment but could not afford the $3-4K cost.

SGB may by worth a look. The videos at the link above have some compelling testimonials.
Red1
vmiaptetr said:

Never used marijuana in my life. I'm VA rated 100% on PTSD. I'll try anything if it gets me off the amount of alcohol I drink. Would anyone be willing to offer their experience with this program?
I have PTSD as well. Same boat 100%. I have successfully coached many veterans with PTSD. I ask nothing in return. I help others because I know I can help people and being idle would be wrong of me. Talk to me if you are interested.

The last person I helped heal had severe PTSD for 60 years. Right now I am working with a 17 year old girl who experienced severe violence in a foster home.

Is your family receiving the monthly Veterans Caregiver stipend?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.