Looking for anyone who knew these fallen Aggies....

3,414 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by leasterwood
leasterwood
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The student group BUILD is looking for family members and friends of these fallen Aggies...

Lt Joel Korkowski '94 USN

LTC Jerry Don Dickerson '92 ARMY

CPT Lyle Gordon '97 USMC (TAMU E-2)

CPT Sean Edward Lyerly '98 TXNG (TAMU L-1)

They are hoping to honor their memories by dedicating a Mobile Medical Unit in their names this year. They would like to include their friends and families in the Dedication Ceremony and Gala.

Please let me know if you have any contacts.....

Thank you,
Leslie '90
jphillips97
AG
Lislie, I'm one of Lyle's buddies. Not sure how many of us are on TexAgs, but I'm sure one of us can get you pointed in the right direction.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Jerry Dickerson '92 earned his Masters Degree at A&M and was killed in the Pentagon on 9/11.
It's unlikely that anybody on here knew him because he would have been about 10 years older than Class of '92 undergrads.

Looks like he was from Durant, MS.
https://www.wapt.com/article/durant-childhood-friends-killed-on-911-one-inside-pentagon-other-on-plane/28999744#
leasterwood
AG
Can we corespondent via email? (I tried to message, but it wouldn't go through)

I try to make the first contact with the families/friends, then connect them to the BUILD leadership team. Some families have asked that we delay honoring their lost Aggies for various reasons, so I like to be sure they are ready before connecting them to the students.

My email is leasterwood@cvm.tamu.edu
Leslie Easterwood '90
leasterwood
AG
I have been sleuthing all information on him for several years. We would like to honor him this year due to the 20th Anniversary of 9/11, but I have not been able to locate a contact.

I'll keep trying though…..

Thank you for helping!!
TowGun93
AG
Leslie...I sent you a couple emails with what I hope is helpful information.
leasterwood
AG
Thank you so much for your help!!!
Lee72
AG
Here's some leads for Joel Korkowski, '94
Joel's widow, Kristin Korkowski Darlington '95
From his obit: his brother, Luke Korkowski, of Washington, D.C.; his mother, Sarah Korkowski, of Rushville, Ill.; and grandfather, Don Korkowski, of Peoria, Ariz.
FindAnAggie lists his widow as Kristin A. "Kris" (Ostrand) Darlington '95, a Personal Trainer from Houston, TX
You should be able to get her contact info from the Association.
Lee72
AG
FindAnAggie shows that Jerry Don Dickerson '92 has 1 son and 1 daughter who are Aggies but names not given. Again, the Association likely has that info and possible contact info on them.
Lee72
AG
Regarding CPT Lyle Gordon '97 USMC: the notification has links to Together We Served USMC memorial page cared for by Thomas R Bailey '63 (his home address is listed on his FindAnAggie profile along with email link). Try that.
Lee72
AG
Regarding CPT Sean Edward Lyerly '98 TXNG: his obit states "Survivors include his wife of four years, Csilla; a son; his father, George E. Lyerly '67; his mother; a brother; and his grandmothers."
George's employment is listed as Land & Sea Consultants, Inc right here in B/CS. His home address is listed in his FindAnAggie profile as well as email contact portal. The Association should have his contact info.
Sean's brother is George E. "Junior" Lyerly Jr. '12 of Wallis, TX.
leasterwood
AG
Thank you for all the tips!!

Update: we have made direct contact with 3/4 families. Still trying to reach LTC Dickerson's family.

I have sleuthed their obits, sent FaceBook messages and used current AFS contacts.
Lee72
AG
Glad to help…good luck. Sounds like a worthy project.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
leasterwood said:

Update: we have made direct contact with 3/4 families. Still trying to reach LTC Dickerson's family.

I have sleuthed their obits, sent FaceBook messages and used current AFS contacts.
Mother- Carolyn hicks 200Dominican Drive, Madison, Mississippi 30110 phone 601 853 8427

82YO Will try to locate wife and children
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas said:

leasterwood said:

Mother- Carolyn hicks 200Dominican Drive, Madison, Mississippi 30110 phone 601 853 8427

82YO Will try to locate wife and children

wife- Page Dickerson 1204 Twin Oaks Ave. Jonesboro, Arkansas 72401

cell 804 543 0392 Landline 501 624 4883

Son -William Austin Dickerson 25 Monroe Place, Brooklyn,N.Y. 11201 Apt 10B

cell 501282 7857 landline 602 3231430

Daughter- Elizabeth Bailey Dickerson 655 N. Longfellow Fayetteville, Arkansas 72704

BigJim49AustinnowDallas
leasterwood
AG
Thank you so much!!! I will reach out to them via the contacts!

You are amazing!!!

Leslie '90
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.