Afghan President has left the country

1,596 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by CharlieBrown17
MarathonAg12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
And now it's government is starting the peaceful transition of power to the Taliban.

I don't even know what to say......lots of things on my mind.
MarathonAg12
Bagram is now under Taliban control.
GAC06
AG
Mostly peaceful transition
Naveronski
AG
It's not going to be peaceful.
The Afghans may not be fighting, but we have a lot of US personnel on the ground.

1. Taliban are IN the presidential palace and posed for a photo op earlier today. They are claiming that there will be no transition - they are the liberators and they are here to claim what's theirs.
2. The Embassy was evacuated of all Diplo personnel, leaving contractors and clean up teams. The embassy has taken accurate SAF and reported IEDs emplaced around the compound.
3. Still no public confirmation from the administration that we have boots on the ground and loose ROEs to hold a final perimeter but an AC-130 is (or was) on station. Reports of UK MoD troops engaging Talib ground forces, and the airport has taken indirect.
4. Lots of westerners still left in place.
MarathonAg12
Edited to add air quotes around "peaceful transition"

Yeah. We have a lot of special people on the ground. SMU/ODA/Regiment all doing the lords work. Trying to avoid a Benghazi 2.0.

My buddy has a terp trying to get on the last flight out of Kabul. Hopefully No one left behind comes through.
JABQ04
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

Bagram is now under Taliban control.

Maybe some of the old Soviet mines still there will get some of them
Rabid Cougar
AG
Brit Reports of B52s taking out AAF aircraft left intact at Mazar E Sharif
CharlieBrown17
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

My buddy has a terp trying to get on the last flight out of Kabul. Hopefully No one left behind comes through.

Damn near every available C-17 crew is either in the AOR or enroute. It's going to be a mess for a while still, but the Air Force is committed to getting everyone out that we can.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.