Corps Whipping Out?

3,025 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by chickencoupe16
rgleml
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I assume members of Corps of Cadets are not shaking hands. How do they whip out? Do they just have the fish stand at attention while practicing social distancing. Just curious.
munch96
AG
This is what I saw regarding this:

Whipping Out
1) Cadets will maintain six feet of distance.
2) If travelling in opposite directions, the upperclass cadet will stop when addressed and
allow the fish to finish whipping out before both parties continue on their way. If traveling in the same direction, the freshman will get in step with the upperclassman and proceed with the whip out.
3) Cadets will NOT shake hands.
4) The cadet whipping out will not yell, but greet in a professional manner at an
appropriate tone to be heard through the face covering.
Rabid Cougar
AG
So everyone is wearing a mask. How does one recognize an upper classman in order to speak to him? How does an upperclassman recognize his own fish? The art of scoping name tags will actually have benefits...
HollywoodBQ
AG
Rabid Cougar said:

How does one recognize an upper classman in order to speak to him?
  • There's an RFID chip that is under development but for now, there's just the App on your phone that warns you when an upperclassman is approaching and you have to whip out via the App.
  • It is a Senior Privilege to turn your Location off.
  • Cadets who can't afford phones have the option to have their identifying information tattooed on their face like in the Kurt Russell movie "Soldier". You are not required to include a major course of study since that changes so frequently.

• Alternatively, male cadets can get full Maori face tattoos but to remain within uniform standards, female cadets are only permitted to have the traditional chin tattoos.

• Sticking your Tongue out is only permitted in a group of 3 or more cadets, while eating.
Hawk2007
How about whipping out through text message?
chickencoupe16
AG
Rabid Cougar said:

So everyone is wearing a mask. How does one recognize an upper classman in order to speak to him? How does an upperclassman recognize his own fish? The art of scoping name tags will actually have benefits...

Within a unit, recognizing others by their build and gait was always easy for me. I could enter the arches and greet nearly any one of my upperclassmen at Dorm 8. The same was true when it was my fish. There were always a couple that had similar builds and gaits, but for the most part, it worked.

The upperclassmen of another unit will be the hard part.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.