Stop movement Order

2,465 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by txaggie_06
mrad85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.stripes.com/news/pacific/pentagon-issues-stop-movement-order-for-all-service-members-dod-civilians-overseas-in-effort-to-combat-coronavirus-1.623719

For anyone with family currently deployed. Some of us will need to wait a little longer for them to come home.
Rabid Cougar
AG
We cannot even go to another office in another county much less another country - USACE Civilian.
bigtruckguy3500
Honestly, stuff seems worse back home (with no signs of improving) than it does in many places where we're currently deployed. Still sucks being extended.
CT'97
AG
Talked with a guy yesterday who is retiring, except he's on the stop movement order and is in quarantine and being forced to burn his retirement leave until this all blows over. So instead of getting out and using that leave to start at his new job, he's stuck in an empty house, everything was already packed and read to ship. His family is at home with her parents. He's not going anywhere and literally has his DD214 in hand but can't leave.
clarythedrill
CT'97 said:

Talked with a guy yesterday who is retiring, except he's on the stop movement order and is in quarantine and being forced to burn his retirement leave until this all blows over. So instead of getting out and using that leave to start at his new job, he's stuck in an empty house, everything was already packed and read to ship. His family is at home with her parents. He's not going anywhere and literally has his DD214 in hand but can't leave.
That is effing ******ed. I am glad I started my Terminal Leave back in February. Although, I think my last Commander would be smart enough and have enough common sense to say leave anyway.

Your friend needs to sign back in and stop using his terminal leave and PTDY. If he is still on leave, he should......well....just leave.
74OA
AG
clarythedrill said:

CT'97 said:

That is effing ******ed. I am glad I started my Terminal Leave back in February. Although, I think my last Commander would be smart enough and have enough common sense to say leave anyway.

Your friend needs to sign back in and stop using his terminal leave and PTDY. If he is still on leave, he should......well....just leave.
Sign back in until it is safe to depart and then sell back the remaining leave for a cash payment?
clarythedrill
74OA said:

clarythedrill said:

CT'97 said:

Sign back in until it is safe to depart and then sell back the remaining leave for a cash payment?
EXACTLY!! I dont think there would be any repercussions if he was to leave anyway. He is on terminal leave and no longer counts against the unit for backfill, just accountability. It would take WW III to bring us back from terminal leave or retirement.
74OA
AG
clarythedrill said:

74OA said:

clarythedrill said:

CT'97 said:

EXACTLY!! I dont think there would be any repercussions if he was to leave anyway. He is on terminal leave and no longer counts against the unit for backfill, just accountability. It would take WW III to bring us back from terminal leave or retirement.
The last thing anyone needs on the way out is a UCMJ hassle over terminal leave. He's still in until his DOS and has been given a lawful order to stay put. Make the best of it as I suggested.........
clarythedrill
74OA said:

clarythedrill said:

74OA said:

clarythedrill said:

CT'97 said:

The last thing anyone needs on the way out is a UCMJ hassle over terminal leave. He's still in until his DOS and has been given a lawful order to stay put. Make the best of it as I suggested.........
I see what you are saying, but for all intents and purposes he is out. Keeping him from leaving accomplishes nothing and does not endanger him, his command and fellow Soldiers, or his family if they allowed him to go. Often I shake my head at the lack of common sense our senior leaders display.

On a separate note, congratulations to him on his retirement.
CT'97
AG
Messaged with him again today. They let him go home. He finally got to his CSM who un-f'd the situation.
clarythedrill
CT'97 said:

Messaged with him again today. They let him go home. He finally got to his CSM who un-f'd the situation.
We have been known to do that from time to time.
CT'97
AG
clarythedrill said:

CT'97 said:

We have been known to do that from time to time.Y
Yeah, and that's was my advise, get to his CSM and don't take no from his 1st SGT who was the one who told him to sit and wait.
txaggie_06
AG
Since the start of this whole thing there have been multiple orders and amendments to the stop move. I think we are up to 16 now. Starting at 9 they stated that you were not allowed to move without XXXX signing off on it. This was the order that stated you could leave your current location if you were ending tour or orders. We are still waiting to see if the delegation of signature authority goes down from where it is now. Over all the stop move for the Army is still in place for CONUS 11MAY20, OCONUS 24MAY20
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.