On this date in 2003

1,795 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by bqce
Aggie12B
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The ground-war in Iraq began in the wee hours of the morning. I crossed the border as a team leader with 2nd Sqd, 1st Plt, B Co, 11th EN BN, TF 2-7INF, 1st BDE, 3ID on the initial invasion. I was the second Engineer from my company to cross the border (my driver crossed the border just before me). I was the TC in my M113 (call sign Bulldog 1-2 Alpha) and the .50cal gunner. I didn't know it at the time, but I would cross that border 3 more times before it was all said and done.

Is there anybody else on TexAgs who was a part of the initial invasion force? If so, who were you with and what was your job title/ job description?

I' m cross-posting on the General and History boards so people can have something that isn't about coronavirus or toilet paper hoarding. Also because I just learned that someone I served with became one of the 22 per day last week.
Naveronski
AG
Aggie12B said:

Also because I just learned that someone I served with became one of the 22 per day last week.
Here.

I had one this morning.
bqce
AG
My son 03ki11erAG was a part of the initial invasion. He was with India Company, 3rd Battalion, Fifth Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division. Got his million dollar wound several weeks later.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.