Corp Schlorships

3,362 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by CharlieBrown17
cypressaggie86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Corp gives ranges of scholarships they offer cadets. I would like to hear from cadets that rec'd $ and amts. My son will be in the Corp, most likely a BQ. TIA
CharlieBrown17
AG
https://corps.tamu.edu/wp-content/uploads/ScholarshipFAQ.pdf

Amounts and how to maintain are listed in that.

Myself, along with about half my buddies, had the 1200/yr one. Had a few buddies that had the higher amounts but that largely depends on how you do in high school. If I remember right you could get upgraded during your time at A&M if you did well academically or in the Corps.
aggiejim70
AG
I've been involved with scholarships through the San Antonio A&M Club for well over 20 years and worked with the Corps Scholarship office. My contact has just retired and there is a new sheriff in town. I'm sure he can address your questions and concerns.

Commander Peter Siegel 979 458 0469
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
AmwTx
Started freshman year with $1200 per year. Made over a 3.5 GPA all freshman year. Sophomore year it was increased to $2500. Junior year GPA is still over a 3.5 cumulative GPA and scholarship is $4000 per year.
INOX
My son received a TASSP scholarship worth 10k per year.

https://scholarships.tamu.edu/Scholarship-Programs/Texas-Armed-Services-Scholarship

If I recall you need either a Texas Senator or Congressman to sponsor. When we called around I was surprised that several did not receive a single applicant and urged us to submit. I think we called 6 or 8 offices and received either an offer or interview.
cypressaggie86
AG
Thanks y'all. Thank God he is a sophomore in hs, so we have time to figure all this out.
CanyonAg77
AG
cypressaggie86 said:

Thanks y'all. Thank God he is a sophomore in hs, so we have time to figure all this out.
Including how to spell Corps?
CharlieBrown17
AG
INOX said:

My son received a TASSP scholarship worth 10k per year.

https://scholarships.tamu.edu/Scholarship-Programs/Texas-Armed-Services-Scholarship

If I recall you need either a Texas Senator or Congressman to sponsor. When we called around I was surprised that several did not receive a single applicant and urged us to submit. I think we called 6 or 8 offices and received either an offer or interview.

Looks like it's back up to 10, I had this out of high school but I'm pretty sure my first two years it was 10k and then junior/senior year it was only 7.5k due to either a legislature change or state funding issue.

Also only a scholarship if you join the military, but it's not a bad rate if you don't join and it turns into a loan
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.