Aggies buried in Bastogne

1,802 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
A1CP
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy

I'm about to be taking a trip around Europe and plan on spending a day at the cemeteries in Normandy and Bastogne. Does anybody have a list of Aggies who are buried in Bastogne? I've been able to find a list for Normandy, but every search I've done for Bastogne has come up with the "Texas Aggies go to War" exhibit that was there a couple of years ago. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
HollywoodBQ
AG
I just went to Bastogne in July 2017. Nobody is buried there.

There was a cemetery near Foy but they relocated all of the remains to the American Cemetery in Luxembourg. I highly recommend visiting it.

There is also a German cemetery near the American one. I highly recommend visiting it too. Interesting compare and contrast between the two.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
A1CP said:

Howdy

I'm about to be taking a trip around Europe and plan on spending a day at the cemeteries in Normandy and Bastogne. Does anybody have a list of Aggies who are buried in Bastogne? I've been able to find a list for Normandy, but every search I've done for Bastogne has come up with the "Texas Aggies go to War" exhibit that was there a couple of years ago. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Check the 1949 Directory of Former Students - has a list by class of ALL Aggies who died while in service and where they died !

Probably Cushing has an online copy .
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
F4GIB71
Interesting comparison of the two cemeteries in Luxemburg

https://www.roadtripsaroundtheworld.com/the-luxembourg-wwii-cemeteries-the-american-cemetery-the-german-cemetery/

metrag06
AG
In a similar vein the German cemetery at La Cambe in Normandy is a good visit as well.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Lt. Rollins C. Jr. Styfan '40 died 1/7/45 from wounds suffered at Bastogne.
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.