First time poster on military board. Reminded me of Pearl Harbor and my Grandpa's that both served during WW2. Any got any stories of family members that served during WW2 or any other wars?? I will start.

Grandpa #1 served as a flight instructor in the Army Air Corps which is all I really know. In the process of ordering his military records and will update when they arrive.

Grandpa #2. Served in the Army in an artillery unit that trained out in Fort Bliss prior to being sent to the European Theater. Have been able to determine that Grandpa served in Normandy, Bastogne and Germany. We also have pictures of him wearing a German Army uniform standing with other US Army personnel. His military records state that he attended a language school in Chicago where he learned to speak the same dialect of German that the SS personnel spoke. That is all I can recall at the moment.

Does anyone have any insight into anythinig mentioned above? Ways to research or read about similar units or stories from WW2?