ACU's for March-in?!?!?!?!

6,127 Views | 72 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bigtruckguy3500
Wildman15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What's the reason for this?
CharlieBrown17
AG
Review pre game on Simpson and the field is completely trashed from the rain recently and other activities on it.
Wildman15
AG
So the plan is to do the review on Simpson in ACUs, then hurry back to the quad, change into B's, and then make it back into the stadium in time to do the Anthem and Spirit? Poor planning. God forbid if they decide to let the Corps go to the game in ACU's and have the band do their halftime drill in ACU's.
tgray99
AG
1) Change locations
2) Cancel March in
3) Suck it up & have the uniforms cleaned

Mud happens...get over it.
CharlieBrown17
AG
I'm just here for the impending meltdown.
CharlieBrown17
AG
tgray99 said:

1) Change locations
2) Cancel March in

Changes happen. Get over it
tgray99
AG
Also, why can't I see my original post?
Wildman15
AG
Stupid stupid stupid.
Wildman15
AG
tgray99 said:

Your original thread is still on the board, but looks like all the activity is happening on my thread
tgray99
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

tgray99 said:

1) Change locations
2) Cancel March in

Changes happen. Get over it

The Marine Corps does not allow their combat uniform to be worn off base because it's unbecoming. It's a WORK uniform. Not a uniform to be reviewed in. The Superintendent of the Galveston Corps even said it was unbecoming. You don't review in your work clothes. Simple as that.
tgray99
AG
Wildman15 said:

tgray99 said:

Your original thread is still on the board, but looks like all the activity is happening on my thread

Maybe they were merged?
Wildman15
AG
tgray99 said:

Wildman15 said:

tgray99 said:

Maybe they were merged?
Nope. Definitely two different threads. Everyone is just commenting on this one.
tgray99
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

You're not military, are you?
tgray99
AG
Wildman15 said:

tgray99 said:

Wildman15 said:

tgray99 said:

Maybe they were merged?
Nope. Definitely two different threads. Everyone is just commenting on this one.

Meh. Whatever. I'm cool with it. Just weird.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Just another thing people like to get their camo colored panties in a knot over.

Good for the Marines if that's what they want to do, none of the other branches freak out about it.

Glad the Galveston commandant has an opinion. Don't see how it's relevant to what our corps should do.
Wildman15
AG
There's a lot of things people can get their panties in a wad over about today's Corps, but this is a legitimate, solid complaint against the Corps of Cadets leadership.
CharlieBrown17
AG
I guess you'll need to find whoever was in charge of this one as well then to channel a solid, legitimate complaint to.

trouble
AG
tgray99 said:

CharlieBrown17 said:

You're not military, are you?

Yeah, totally not, at all.
Wildman15
AG
Come on man, let's be serious about this. These games put the Corps of Cadets in a national spotlight every weekend. Never before has the Corps pulled out their fatigues to wear to a football game. And I'll be damned if the band decides to do their halftime drill in ACU's. This isn't about the weather or that the service branches do reviews in their combat uniforms. This took an opportunity away from the senior class to wear their boots for a march in. This does not make us look as good as if we were in B's or better.
CharlieBrown17
AG
To each their own, the only time I was happy to wear my boots in mud was Bonfire remembrance
Wildman15
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

To each their own, the only time I was happy to wear my boots in mud was Bonfire remembrance
At least we were able to have an actual discussion about it. Now time to go to the Zoo and start *****ing about the game
bigtruckguy3500
But our commandant is Army. And they wear ACUs in the airport, getting groceries, just about everything.

This is really surprising. I can't imagine doing a march-in in ACUs, but I can see all the sides here. Assuming Simpson really is a slosh pit, you don't want cadets getting covered in mud and wearing those pants/boots/shoes to the game and looking like crap there. And while they're going back to the quad to change anyways, mud will splash up on their tops likely as well.

On the other hand, I wonder how hard it would've been to plan ahead for an alternate route. Hopefully ACUs wasn't their only bad weather plan knowing they'd be marching on dirt.

I also was never fond of comparing us to the military to justify doing/not doing things. For example, in the military you don't actually have to have mirror shine on your shoes, but we do (or did when I was there).
Wildman15
AG
bigtruckguy3500 said:

But our commandant is Army. And they wear ACUs in the airport, getting groceries, just about everything.

This is really surprising. I can't imagine doing a march-in in ACUs, but I can see all the sides here. Assuming Simpson really is a slosh pit, you don't want cadets getting covered in mud and wearing those pants/boots/shoes to the game and looking like crap there. And while they're going back to the quad to change anyways, mud will splash up on their tops likely as well.

On the other hand, I wonder how hard it would've been to plan ahead for an alternate route. Hopefully ACUs wasn't their only bad weather plan knowing they'd be marching on dirt.

I also was never fond of comparing us to the military to justify doing/not doing things. For example, in the military you don't actually have to have mirror shine on your shoes, but we do (or did when I was there).
I remember one year he got so tired of seeing so many cadets wearing ACU's to class that he basically banned us from wearing them, regardless of the weather conditions or if we were going to a lab. He told us that the ACU's were an Army uniform and not a cadet uniform.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Pretty sure they're doing the Veterans Day review on Simpson so that's why the UOD change instead of a location change
ABATTBQ87
AG
In the 80s we always wore class A uniforms, summer or winter. NEVER wore class Bs to games, because it was our day to day uniform, and game days were a formal event.

Today the corps has descended into a new era of game day uniform, and the genie is out of the bottle
Wildman15
AG
The Corps are wearing their damn sweat tops. Thank god the Band and the OD's are wearing the usual game day uniforms. Sweat tops on national tv. Absolutely piss poor pathetic looking.
mrad85
AG
Just saw that on TV. WTF

You have got to be kidding me.
bigtruckguy3500
Wait, they're in acus wearing the Texas aggies sweet shirt?
Wildman15
AG
bigtruckguy3500 said:

Wait, they're in acus wearing the Texas aggies sweet shirt?
According to the Corps of Cadets Facebook page, they wore ACU's for the Veteran's Day review on Simpson because of the rain. The Corps is now wearing their ACU pants with their maroon Corps PT shirt in support of today's maroon out game. The Band is in Class A's and the OD's are in midnights. Because it's cold, the Corps are wearing their sweat tops over their maroon pt shirt. Absolutely pathetic.
bigtruckguy3500
Ridiculous. When I was there this would have been a corps staff decision, and the rest of the corps and all the ctos/commandant wouldn't have allowed it.
Wildman15
AG
There's no way this was a decision made by corps staff. Definitely had to come down from the Trigon.
TXAggieMom11
Correction, the Galveston Corps Superintendent did not say wearing the utility uniform was unbecoming. He did say the sea cadets do not have a utility uniform in their sea bags. Good job taking it out of context though.
https://imgur.com/a/eolXmzx
ord04
Please call the commandant at 979 845 2811 and let him know how stupid this looks. As an Aggie Veteran I'm disgusted.
Wildman15
AG
TXAggieMom11 said:

Correction, the Galveston Corps Superintendent did not say wearing the utility uniform was unbecoming. He did say the sea cadets do not have a utility uniform in their sea bags. Good job taking it out of context though.
https://imgur.com/a/eolXmzx
Still doesn't change the fact that the Corps looks terrible on national tv. Commentators very rarely make a comment about the Corps. But they definitely pointed out that the Corps was wearing sweat tops.
Trident15
AG
You've also got BQs wearing black fleece beanies with the Class A Uniform. Bad day all around for appearances.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.