Company D-1

27,397 Views | 93 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Whatthefunyo
Agdorm12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any truth to rumor that D-1 was disbanded?
bigtruckguy3500
As in integrated? I think it was.

As far as I'm aware, no outfit is truly been disbanded in at least 15 years.
BNorman77
AG
I am told there was a hazing issue. Current CO and 1st Sargent relieved of positions. All sophomores removed from outfit and I assume reassigned. Commandant appoints new CO from 1st Brigade staff for remainder of semester.
Business Time
AG
I've heard it is getting disbanded as well. The end of D-1 fits perfectly with where the University is heading.
74OA
AG
Setting aside opinions on what constitutes hazing or whatever the offense was, surely we can agree that gross disobedience cannot be tolerated in a military organization. If company upperclassmen corporately flouted Corps regulations, then drastic measures were necessary. Obey or go away.
CT'97
AG
74OA said:

Setting aside opinions on what constitutes hazing or whatever the offense was, surely we can agree that gross disobedience cannot be tolerated in a military organization. If company upperclassmen corporately flouted Corps regulations, then drastic measures were necessary. Obey or go away.
I agree, it's the Corps of Cadets not a fraternity house.
Credible Source
AG
Business Time said:

I've heard it is getting disbanded as well. The end of D-1 fits perfectly with where the University is heading.

D1 will continue into perpetuity, it's Spider D that's dying. God bless what she used to be.
ABATTBQ87
AG
CT'97 said:

74OA said:

I wonder how many Cadets are actually in fraternities
DevilD77
AG
Time to bring back Devil D-1. Plenty of us Devils from the 70's and 80's can show them how to be red ass without becoming dumb ass. Mainly because we can tell them not to do what we did!
Credible Source
AG
DevilD77 said:

Time to bring back Devil D-1. Plenty of us Devils from the 70's and 80's can show them how to be red ass without becoming dumb ass. Mainly because we can tell them not to do what we did!

It has been suggested, but they don't want that culture either. They want a bunch of soy boys and yes men, like the commandant.
Wildman15
AG
ABATTBQ87 said:

CT'97 said:

74OA said:

I wonder how many Cadets are actually in fraternities
Probably more than you would think, but the number isn't terrible huge. A popular organization that cadets apply for outside of the Quad is Ol' Army gentlemen's society.
ABATTBQ87
AG
Founded in 1995, Ol' AGS has become the premiere social, service, and leadership men's organization on Texas A&M University's campus.
WestTexAg12
AG
74OA said:

Then we should kick out fat asses and the disabled who can't PT, if it's a "military organization".
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
Credible Source
AG
WestTexAg12 said:

74OA said:

Then we should kick out fat asses and the disabled who can't PT, if it's a "military organization".

I think that's most of the corps at this point.
Credible Source
AG
DevilD77 said:

I heard today you might get your wish, it appears Devil D is set to return this fall. Spider d still carries the Devil D butt pot. Let me know if you guys have any stuff you want to bring back to restore your old outfit. I can help facilitate that
WildAg08
AG
Must've been some serious tomfoolery
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
74OA said:

I can't tell you what happened with D-1, but I will say this. You should attend a university hazing seminar, and then let us know if you agree with the university's definition of what constitutes hazing.
Credible Source
AG
They are basically disbanding them for doing PT. Meanwhile, a bunch of limp wristed babies are congratulating themselves on having the first female dog corporal who was given the honor after a push up competition.
I-Haul
AG
Is this the group that was waterboarding Fish?
Spider69
AG
Dutcher Creek said:

Is this the group that was waterboarding Fish?s
I don't think there was any water boarding involved, but I don't know. I do know in my fish year (note "fish isn't EVER capitalized), by April most '68 pissheads were just a little leary of screwing with '69 Spider D fish because we had little fear of pissheads! After drowning out two pissheads & in an after CQ crap out in those pissheads' hole with 17 fish & 1 frog (from a fall class that began with 52 fish) two pissheads came within about 10 seconds of flying out of a fourth stoop window until two other pisshead buddies busted in to disperse the crap out! AND nobody would think of crying to the Trigon or any staff rat!
I-Haul
AG
Bull. I got a capital F for Christmas my fish year.
Credible Source
AG
Dutcher Creek said:

I seriously doubt it, but if so...respect.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Dutcher Creek said:

Isn't that what quadding was?
aggiejim70
AG
Spider69 said:

Dutcher Creek said:

I don't think there was any water boarding involved, but I don't know. I do know in my fish year (note "fish isn't EVER capitalized), by April most '68 pissheads were just a little leary of screwing with '69 Spider D fish because we had little fear of pissheads! After drowning out two pissheads & in an after CQ crap out in those pissheads' hole with 17 fish & 1 frog (from a fall class that began with 52 fish) two pissheads came within about 10 seconds of flying out of a fourth stoop window until two other pisshead buddies busted in to disperse the crap out! AND nobody would think of crying to the Trigon or any staff rat!
Big talk Spider Man. It's just a shame there are no more phone booths. If you could find one, you could hold a reunion of all the spiders that had the balz to walk into Happy Happy Herrington.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
Trinity Ag
S

Quote:

(6) "Hazing" means any intentional, knowing, or reckless act, occurring on or off the campus of an educational institution, by one person alone or acting with others, directed against a student, that endangers the mental or physical health or safety of a student for the purpose of pledging, being initiated into, affiliating with, holding office in, or maintaining membership in an organization. The term includes:

(A) any type of physical brutality, such as whipping, beating, striking, branding, electronic shocking, placing of a harmful substance on the body, or similar activity;

(B) any type of physical activity, such as sleep deprivation, exposure to the elements, confinement in a small space, calisthenics, or other activity that subjects the student to an unreasonable risk of harm or that adversely affects the mental or physical health or safety of the student;

(C) any activity involving consumption of a food, liquid, alcoholic beverage, liquor, drug, or other substance that subjects the student to an unreasonable risk of harm or that adversely affects the mental or physical health or safety of the student;

The University and the Corps of Cadets don't get to define hazing -- State Law does.

Now, what is "reasonable" or what "adversely affects mental or physical health" is subject to a degree of interpretation.

The University investigation will make those determinations in this case.

The Standard tries to sets clear boundaries so there are no questions about what is legal, or within the bounds of the University conduct policy. If you think this is too stringent, doesn't allow room for "good bull", or makes the Corps "too easy" -- then you are taking your status as a student into your own hands. The UCMJ is no different, and has zero room for actions perceived as Soldier abuse.

If you willfully disregard what is written in the Standard or University Conduct Policy, you then place yourself in a situation where the object of the treatment assesses whether they consider it reasonable or adverse, and the University conduct board makes the ruling -- not the Commandant or the Bulls.

Plenty of room for disagreement in theory. But former students encouraging current students/Cadets to blow off the rules should understand the jeopardy to the student.

The University isn't going to give the Corps more slack than it gives fraternities.

Spider69
AG
aggiejim70 said:

Spider69 said:

Big talk Spider Man. It's just a shame there are no more phone booths. If you could find one, you could hold a reunion of all the spiders that had the balz to walk into Happy Happy Herrington.

AND your point is?
Credible Source
AG
His point is that he's a chode
chickencoupe16
AG
Trinity Ag said:

The University isn't going to give the Corps more slack than it gives fraternities.
According to the ladies who always gave us the hazing speech at the beginning of every semester,
the Corps does get "more slack". How much, I don't know, but they would always talk about how frats and other organizations would say, "but the Corps does it," but that the Corps has a legitimate purpose for PT and frats do not. So supposedly, there is some extra slack for the Corps, but I doubt it is a whole lot and certainly less than I believe is reasonable.
INOX
Spider69 said:

Dutcher Creek said:

What you're describing is a dysfunctional organization that has zero place in my military. If that behavior was condoned or even tolerated then zero leaders were produced.
Credible Source
AG
INOX said:

Spider69 said:

Dutcher Creek said:

What you're describing is a dysfunctional organization that has zero place in my military. If that behavior was condoned or even tolerated then zero leaders were produced.

False, tons of incredibly successful military and private leaders were produced from that outfit. Maybe you should read up on hamburger hill, one of the Pissheads he's talking about lead that battle.
INOX
Carl Hungus said:

INOX said:

Spider69 said:

Dutcher Creek said:

False, tons of incredibly successful military and private leaders were produced from that outfit. Maybe you should read up on hamburger hill, one of the Pisshead she's talking about lead that battle.

That's a fair point, and no disrespect to any of those brave soldiers, I look forward to reading up on Hamburger Hill. My comment was with regard to potential murder as an alternative or failure to properly pursue use of chain of command.
Spider69
AG
INOX said:

Spider69 said:

Dutcher Creek said:

But Is this the group that was waterboarding Fish?s
Yep, Spiders have done nota on leadership! Here's a few things written by '66 & '68 Spiders and a book on Hamburger Hill in Vietnam:

[url]https://www.amazon.com/Michael%20L.%20Lanning/e/B000APMQCA/ref=la_B000APMQCA_pg_1?rh=n%3A283155%2Cp_82%3AB000APMQCA&sort=author-pages-popularity-rank&ie=UTF8&qid=1523916698

https://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Lives-Forever-Williams-Ford-University/dp/1603440607

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/may/24/troops-count-cost-vietnam-hamburger-hill-archive-1969[/url]

Just from my Class, '69, there's a TAMU Student Body President, CCA Corps Hall of Honor recipient, and from '66-'69 only four TAMU COALS Distinguished Graduates.

So? Dysfunction? Zero Leaders?

Credible Source
AG
The modern day Spider D graduates are stacked with successful people. It's pretty amazing. In my class alone 6 out of 11 started and currently run their own businesses. In the classes that came before us the results are similar. Lots of bad ass dudes came through that outfit.
INOX
Then why not share those motivational and inspirational stories vs bragging about potentially throwing fellow cadets out of windows or water boarding? Those are examples of how not to be a leader---except the guy who stepped in. I certainly don't know the whole story there but I'm sure there were lessons to be learned.

And really not knowing the whole story is one reason we are always criticizing here. We need to get the facts first and then provide solutions otherwise we sound like the whinny millennial we all despise. There is a ton experience on this board. Why not use that knowledge to enlighten the younger generation?

And for what its worth I'll take past and present cadets over any student at any other school.
Spider69
AG
INOX said:

Then why not share those motivational and inspirational stories vs bragging about potentially throwing fellow cadets out of windows or water boarding? Those are examples of how not to be a leader---except the guy who stepped in. I certainly don't know the whole story there but I'm sure there were lessons to be learned.

And really not knowing the whole story is one reason we are always criticizing here. We need to get the facts first and then provide solutions otherwise we sound like the whinny millennial we all despise. There is a ton experience on this board. Why not use that knowledge to enlighten the younger generation?

And for what its worth I'll take past and present cadets over any student at any other school.
I never bragged about water boarding that I have zero knowledge about or anything that hapened in 2018. In 1965-666, our PT was harsh but just physical not dangerous. I've asked Gen. Ramirez about current issues. But he obviously per University policies can't discuss things with me. I'm sure no one would have been tossed out a window in 1966, but it was Lee Lanning '68 (the author of the Vietnam books) that disbanded the 1966 crap out session (by one fogged in Spider p***head & another one that flunked out after that semester) that were drowned out by the '69 Spider fish. I'm sure that isn't allowed in current Corps activities. But 1965-66 was a different Corps era. We expected to be crapped out for the drown out, but then some things happened by one p***head that went beyond even our '69 fish tolerance (includes 2 DVMs & 2 PhDs & 14 other highly suggesful graduates with 5 Vietnam Vets out of the 18). I'm sure if current Spider Cadets we're doing things incorrectly that discipline was warranted. I'm just not sure disbanding an outfit unless under extreme circumstances is needed.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.