Howdy. I am working with the men at the Ft. Clark museum to try and locate some items. Each year the Army would take group pictures of each Troop at Ft. Clark. They would take two pictures.....one with hats on and one with hats off. They would then give each Trooper two of each of these, one for him to keep and one for his family.
I am looking for any of these pictures of 5th Cav. "E" Troop from the years 1938 - 1941. The pictures were your typical looking class picture of the Troop and are about 24"-36" long and about 8"-10" tall, typically rolled up in a tube.
In addition they also took yearly pictures of the entire 5th Cavalry, all Troops, mounted on their horses. This was a panoramic picture taken on the parade grounds at Ft. Clark. Years needed are also 1938-1941.
If anyone knows of someone, friend, family member who might have been in 5th Cavalry E Troop and would have such items please let me know. Would like to make copies or whatever.
Also any items from the 5th Cav at Ft. Clark and Troopers there would be of interest as well.
Thanks