Gen. Mattis making sweeping changes again

3,306 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bigtruckguy3500
Eliminatus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This time targeting nondeployables. Basically, deploy or GTFO.

HUGE fan of this move. 11% currently nonDs? That is atrocious to me. Sure, there are legit cases and are addressed by him. But, he is going after "those" people. Y'all know who I am referring to. Great way to start trimming the fat.

Thoughts?

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2018/02/17/mattis-deploy-or-get-out-rule-is-about-fairness/
bigtruckguy3500
YES! I deal with so many of these people. And like you said, some are legit. Most of those legit cases find ways to be productive outside their normal billet/MOS.

But so many have figured out how to stay in to get the benefits without doing any of the work.
Presley OBannons Sword
this is great news. as a company commander, one of the most frustrating things I had to deal with were malingerers. after putting together fairly convincing cases for several of them, i was basically told by the CG to drop it. absolutely infuriating.
Naveronski
AG
Can you flag, bar from reenlistment, and let them ETS? Sometimes it's faster.
Dirk Diggler
AG
http://theduffel.co/2BJkhoe
JT05
AG
This is tremendous news. Remove the red tape and get these folks out. Cost savings will be massive.
Zulu451
AG
I was super happy to see this.
LewisChilds
AG
Great news. I'd like to see more effort on removing PT failures and permanent profiles as well. Too often it seems the military is treated as a jobs program. It's a privilege to wear the uniform and you have to earn it everyday.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
Jock11 said:

http://theduffel.co/2BJkhoe
I was not aware of "theduffle". I read for a few minutes and I started hyperventilating.

Then I realized what was happening.

Very funny but almost true.

As for deployment, I was in the Air Force and it seemed as if I was going somewhere different every month and as a result, I left after 8 years (and 8 different duty stations).

Not complaining but it was not for me and my family.

My brother-in-law was career Navy He had one cruise to SE Asia and one cruise to the Mediterranean. The other 18 years was spent in Beeville NAS or Corpus Christi NAS.

I always wondered what that was all about?
bigtruckguy3500
Has anyone seen any movement on this? I feel like the quality sailors that just got a bad hand with some health problems are outprocessed pretty quickly and the little turds walking around sucking up air are just finding ways to draw a paycheck and do nothing.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.