Vietnam Wall--THIS IS AMAZING!

2,692 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Hhilton82
Aggie1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.virtualwall.org/iStates.htm

This is really sobering.

First click on a state. When it opens, scroll down to the city where you went to high school and look at the names. Click on the name and it will give details of the person's death, a picture or at least their bio and medals.
This really is an amazing web site. Someone spent a lot of time and effort to create it.

I hope that everyone who receives this appreciates what those who served in Vietnam sacrificed for our country.

Pass the link on to others, as many knew wonderful people whose names are listed.
aggiejim70
AG

1LT MICHAEL DENNIS NOONAN '68

From Amarillo. KIA 4 July 1969

My squad leader when I was a fish.

HERE
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
Aggie1
AG
I was surprised at how many were from Amarillo.
Sad, long list of names...
There are several from my HS I recognize as I am from that era as well.
It is easy to tell what cities were the biggest during those years from this list.
HollywoodBQ
AG
In the late 1980s we had to memorize his plaque in the Band Room as a cush question.
Eliminatus
AG
Uncle Andy

My uncle I never had a chance to meet. MIA Mayaguez Incident of '75. Identified and brought home and officially re designated as KIA in 2000.

Though the Marines and Sailors killed during this incident died after end of official hostilities it is still considered part of the Vietnam War. My uncle and the others that fell that day are the last official recorded casualties of the war.

I never had a chance to meet him as I was born much later, but his story led me to being the second ever Marine of the family. (Family is an Army family in the main with a small sprinkling of Navy).

Website is a great resource and very sobering as well. Thanks for the link.
Wabs
AG
Wow...got to clicking around and reading the stories. Stumbled upon this one....Gig'em and RIP.
http://www.virtualwall.org/dc/CampbellWE01a.htm
rackmonster
AG
I have a good friend who graduated from Annapolis in 1967...he served in Vietnam in 70-71....PT River Patrol

He has a friend..also a Vietnam Vet who has assiduously researched the Wall and came up with some sad facts
I'm doing this from memory....the numbers are approximate.
- There is one soldier on the Wall who was 15 when he died...
- There are about 25 names who were 16 when they died
- There are about 1,000 names who died on their first day in Vietnam......

There is a public high school in Northeast Philly not too far from where I grew up.....Thomas Edison High....
They lost more graduates than any other high school in the United States...
sharpdressedman
Thanks, OP. A great resource! Blue star for you.
CanyonAg77
AG
rackmonster - a page with the info you are recalling...

http://thewall-usa.com/names.asp
Hhilton82
AG
Coolest thing ever. God bless our troops!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.