New UOD on the Quad

7,372 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Aggie Infantry
Wildman15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

bigtruckguy3500
Someone trying to pull out winter b's but didn't realize it's supposed to be long sleeve? Or is this a new uniform?
Wildman15
AG
Multiple sources confirm it's a new approved uniform. Apparently it's going to be a Main UOD until the spring time change
93Spur
If true its a New Old Uniform.
That, less the required suck-strap and backward t-shirt knotted at biceps, was the Winter B's uniform of the Corps for at least the 80s and 90s.
Pinks with Bravo (short sleeve) shirt. Worn Nov 1 - Spring Break.
Summer Bs consisted of khaki-color pants and matching short sleeve shirt. Variants in each group included belt color/material, taps for blackbelts, rear surge pants for white belts/square cut waist for black belts, and western yoke cut Bravo shirts for white belts/square cut Bravo shirts for black belts.
DogCo84
AG
Early 80s...I don't recall ever wearing short sleeves with Winter Class B uniform. Winter B's also required a switch over to the dark olive-drab (midnight) headgear? Zips generally stayed with the pink overseas cap.
bigtruckguy3500
When I was in, winter B's was the long sleeve khaki shirt with pink pants. At least I think that's what I remember. I hated the uniform because I thought it looked ugly.

Little off topic, but the Army is going back to the old uniforms. Going to look a lot like the Corps now

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2017/11/03/army-close-finalizing-pinks-greens-uniform-all-soldiers.html
ABATTBQ87
AG
93Spur said:

If true its a New Old Uniform.
That, less the required suck-strap and backward t-shirt knotted at biceps, was the Winter B's uniform of the Corps for at least the 80s and 90s.
Pinks with Bravo (short sleeve) shirt. Worn Nov 1 - Spring Break.
Summer Bs consisted of khaki-color pants and matching short sleeve shirt. Variants in each group included belt color/material, taps for blackbelts, rear surge pants for white belts/square cut waist for black belts, and western yoke cut Bravo shirts for white belts/square cut Bravo shirts for black belts.
That was our winter uniform from 1983 to 1987

Don't forget the green winter bider with the corresponding braid for class: fish no color; p-heads black, Juniors White, and Seniors Pink with Gold braid
BQ_90
AG
That continued on until 1990
130Ag82
AG
DogCo84 said:

Early 80s...I don't recall ever wearing short sleeves with Winter Class B uniform. Winter B's also required a switch over to the dark olive-drab (midnight) headgear? Zips generally stayed with the pink overseas cap.
That's what I thought as well...don't remember wearing short sleeves either. However, I went back and looked in a few of my Aggieland's and sure enough, there are a bunch of cadets wearing the short sleeve shirts with the winter uniform.
93Spur
I do not recall ever wearing the Winter B uniform with the long sleeve shirt 1989-1993.
Could have and forgotten it, but recall formation being in short sleeves, AG44s or raingear, so never a need for long sleeve.
Long sleeve shirt was used just for Summer A uniform.
ABATTBQ87
AG
93Spur said:

I do not recall ever wearing the Winter B uniform with the long sleeve shirt 1989-1993.
Could have and forgotten it, but recall formation being in short sleeves, AG44s or raingear, so never a need for long sleeve.
Long sleeve shirt was used just for Summer A uniform.
Yep; and for BQ's black belts would wear this winter uniform with long sleeves and black ties for basketball games; White belts would wear midnights.
DogCo84
AG
Yeah, I just did the same and did see short and long-sleeve being worn. So my memory is apparently faulty!

Generally, I never saw short/long sleeves in the same photos (i.e. UOD was either long- or short-sleeves?). That said, I did see one MSC SCONA group photo in the 1981 Aggieland that showed cadets in long- and short-sleeves in the same photo, lol.

So...I guess the biggest difference between summer and winter Bs was changing from khaki trousers and overseas cap--to pink trousers and OD/green overseas cap.
Rabid Cougar
AG
or the always popular AG-44 and t-shirt!!!!!
2004FIGHTINTXAG
bigtruckguy3500 said:

When I was in, winter B's was the long sleeve khaki shirt with pink pants. At least I think that's what I remember. I hated the uniform because I thought it looked ugly.

Little off topic, but the Army is going back to the old uniforms. Going to look a lot like the Corps now

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2017/11/03/army-close-finalizing-pinks-greens-uniform-all-soldiers.html

The Army loves to waste tax payer dollars with all their stupid uniform changes every few years.
BBRex
AG
So does the Navy. They both ditch good, traditional uniforms to try some crappy new thing, the opt to go back to the old.
JABQ04
AG
Absolutely agree. Not that there's more important stuff to worry about. Thankfully after Dec. 7 no longer have to worry about it
WBBQ74
AG
Wore short sleeves in Class B Winters just about every day back in the early '70s. Great uniform. The pants lasted all week, unlike Summers which only lasted 2 days max before they needed to go to the dry cleaners.

Uniforms change thru the years. Commandant is bringing back an old standard.

BQs only started wearing shields on the epaulets in the spring of '70. Things change. No one died.
Psych
AG
Wildman15 said:

I'm a little confused about the donor collapse comment. Didn't the donors just build us a new quad?
aggiejim70
AG
You're right ......The BQ shields were designed by one of my classmates, and they were not universally accepted to say the least. Some things were said at Final Review that I still wish hadn't been. (King's English). Just curious that if you turned the clock back another 10 years or so to when Corps Brass replaced branch insignia was there any controversy on the FTAB keeping the lyre and not changing to Corps Brass?

Like most of the changes over the years, when 3 years went by and the class of '74 were seniors, Band Shields were tradition and had been there forever.

Let me run this past you again concerning uniform changes. The oldest Aggie I ever got to know was Col. Stewart
Hervey '17......that's 1917. I loved to hear his stories about pre WWI A&M. He was there when they changed from the "West Point" style uniforms to what has morphed into todays uniform. His story, of the sentiment on campus, was that before a real Texas Aggie would take off the Grey and put on those stupid boots, they ought to burn the place down and give it back to the Indians. More things change the more they stay the same.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
ABATTBQ87
AG
1959 Aggieland

The unit brass that went away:

ABATTBQ87
AG
Quote:

The oldest Aggie I ever got to know was Col. Stewart Hervey '17......

F4GIB71
How many times have Aggie uniforms changed in 100+ years? Short sleeve shirts with Class B winters started in 71. Since my fish year, we only wore long sleeved shirts with winter uniforms. I recall we had a particularly warm stretch of weather (first Global Warming period) while in winters. Deputy Corps Commander Tommy Bain went over to the Trigon to broach the subject of short sleeved shirts with winter uniforms. He was wearing a sweater (fish basketball?*) Col McCoy asked how would it look? Tommy took off the sweater and they made the change in uniform policy...until it changed again.

* freshmen had separate sports teams back when freshmen were not allowed to play varsity sports.
Wildman15
AG
Psych said:

Wildman15 said:

I'm a little confused about the donor collapse comment. Didn't the donors just build us a new quad?
yeah, I'm not too sure what they're complaining about. It's not my profile
aggiejim70
AG
I went to the SA A&M Club winter scholarship luncheon today. The Corps members wore the "pinks" and short sleeve shirt. Doesn't look bad.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
ABATTBQ87
AG
aggiejim70 said:

I went to the SA A&M Club winter scholarship luncheon today. The Corps members wore the "pinks" and short sleeve shirt. Doesn't look bad.

Class A winter's would be more appropriate
aggiejim70
AG
Rabid Cougar said:

or the always popular AG-44 and t-shirt!!!!!
That's the uniform I wore while on my only weekend of restriction. That was the weekend of Super Bowl IV,

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

The oldest Aggie I ever got to know was Col. Stewart Hervey '17.
As a 5th year senior, I lived in a duplex on Oney Hervey Drive in College Station. Wonder if it's the same family.
Lee72
AG
Yeah, I remember distinctly falling out for morning chow in the cold wearing short sleeves and no AG-44 because some OD that liked the cold thought it'd be funny.
Lee72
Aggie Infantry
AG
Does someone have a photo/illustration timeline of the evolution of uniforms at TAMU?
ABATTBQ87
AG
Aggie Infantry said:

Does someone have a photo/illustration timeline of the evolution of uniforms at TAMU?
Corps Staff 1918

ABATTBQ87
AG
Aggie Infantry said:

Corps Staff 1928

ABATTBQ87
AG
1938 Corps Staff

ABATTBQ87
AG
1948 Corps Staff

ABATTBQ87
AG
1958 Corps Staff

ABATTBQ87
AG
Corps Staff 1968

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.