Cmdr. Eric Doyle '96 New Blue Angels Commanding Officer

1,965 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by StorminAg
Rabid Cougar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.navy.mil/submit/display.asp?story_id=99751
Trident15
F4GIB71
Knew him as a little boy. Flew with his Dad Popeye in the ANG in Houston. His Dad was a great stick. Congrats Eric, your Dad would have been very proud.
FDT99
AG
Red *ss! Any idea what outfit he was in?
CanyonAg77
AG
FDT99 said:

Red *ss! Any idea what outfit he was in?
Saw that he commissioned through OCS, so possible he wasn't a cadet. Haven't heard either way.
WestTXCoyote
AG
Non-reg, Aggie letterman (swimming); proud to know him and thankful for his service to our country. Great guy; well deserved accomplishment.
CanyonAg77
AG
kuhlag said:

Non-reg, Aggie letterman (swimming); proud to know him and thankful for his service to our country. Great guy; well deserved accomplishment.
Congrats to him, I'm certain it's well-earned.

It's disappointing, as a former cadet, to see that someone so gung-ho chose not to be part of the Corps. Perhaps as an athlete, he couldn't spare the time.

I say that not to knock his decision, he's obviously doing the right things and it worked out well for him. I see it more as a learning tool for the Corps. What are we doing wrong that someone who's so obviously squared away and eager to serve, declined to join?

On a side note, I bet he gets tired of people asking him what outfit he was in.
F4GIB71
He was graduating from High School around the time I retired from the ANG. Didn't see his Dad much after that. Recall he was going to be on the swim team so not in the Corps.
StorminAg
AG
I attended A&M on active duty under the STA-21 program and thus was not in the Corps. I have met a ton of Aggies in Naval Aviation over the past 20 years and I would say a good 1/3 of them weren't in the Corps.

Popeye is a great American and great choice for Boss. Great in and out of the cockpit.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.