Firewood New Braunfels

1,863 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Beckdiesel03
Beckdiesel03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Several years ago, I got the name of someone who would deliver firewood around SA/NB from this board. I did a search for that thread, but nothing came up since it was older. Does anyone have a suggestion for someone who does this? The had texted Greg, whose number I had gotten from here, but my texts have gone unanswered so I am assuming he is no longer in business. TIA
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
Same area and was just thinking about this the other day. Interested in hearing recs.
m-walker
AG
+1
FIDO*98*
AG
Not sure if they deliver, but check with Sargents towards Canyon Lake
Vernada
AG
I think I hooked you up with Greg - even though I didn't end up buying from him at the time. He ghosted on me - never actually confirmed he'd bring me anything so I made other arrangements. I ended up buying from a guy name Jackie. He brought me a cord and stacked it. Showed up on time. But, the wood he brought was ugly as could be. It all burned but some was close to rotten, some was bug infested. I'm guessing he was double dipping on clearing old trees and then selling it. It also was nowhere close to uniform in size.
Jackie 830-837-0665 is what I have. But I can't say I recommend. I'm not buying again.
Beckdiesel03
AG
Greg delivered and stacked some pretty decent firewood for us in 2019 and I had no complaints. However this year my text went unanswered. I will check out the place by Canyon lake. Someone recommended Cornelius Contracting but it looks like you have to pick it up and stack it yourself which would not be my first choice. Has anyone used them before?
babie_kreauxda
AG
https://cowboysfirewood.com/

just found this. prices seem ok???
fido00
AG
There was a guy that advertised all over CL last year and some this year named Christian. I bought firewood last year and it was great. I tried texting him again this year and nothing. I'll be looking for some firewood too this year.
etchasketch
AG
My Aggie son can help you out with firewood. Current student, so possibly over Thanksgiving, but definitely over Christmas. It would be a mixture of oak and mesquite, heavy on the mesquite. $500/cord with delivery (depending on your location) and stacking (if easy access).
valtosca
AG
Holy cow, no way firewood has gotten that expensive!

The last time I bought, I bought from this guy. Only has a newspaper ad. Delivers. He doesn't have a cell phone so he calls from the land line before leaving his house to confirm you're available. I'll call tomorrow.
Beckdiesel03
AG
We ended up finding a kid who was between jobs to deliver a 1/2 cord for $140. I think it is just a side gig for him but I can get his name from husband when I get home this afternoon.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.