What surrounding small cities around San Antonio are the fastest growing?

4,270 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by flashplayer
Wranglers_04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Out of all the small cities around San Antonio (eg - Cibolo, Schertz, Live Oak, Converse, etc), which are the fastest growing? Which surrounding San Antonio city will grow most within the next 10 years?
azul_rain
Bulverde, spring branch
Bluff Rat
AG
Boerne
AG
Depends on what you consider small cities, the ones you listed are nothing more than extensions of San Antonio
BoozerRed78
AG
All of them.
LCE
AG
I haven't been to Bandera in many years. I'm guessing subdivisions will start popping up on Hwy 16 soon if not already
The Lurker
AG
Wranglers_04 said:

Out of all the small cities around San Antonio (eg - Cibolo, Schertz, Live Oak, Converse, etc), which are the fastest growing? Which surrounding San Antonio city will grow most within the next 10 years?
I-35/281 corridors will continue to see strong growth. From a % increase I wouldn't be surprised if Castroville/Hondo/Bandera and/or Schertz see the biggest increase.

Boerne is terrible and should be avoided at all cost in you're thinking of moving there. Travel a short distance down the road to El Paso. My hope is Boerne will attract higher net worth families who have larger properties and not turn into massive developments with cookie cutter homes clear cutting the hill country. Given how desirable the schools are this likely can't be avoided.
azul_rain
Yep. Only a matter of time, look at what happened to I-10
Beckdiesel03
AG
Blanco is going crazy right now as well.
Shakes the Clown
And New Braunfels is full
Sports-Ag
AG
So many new homes being built 90 west outside 1604 heading to Castroville.
rockwalltxag
AG
At one time I wanted to retire in NB, however the "cheap" growth of the city I loved changed my mind.
billyjack2009
How is the Mystic Shores area? Are there many families with middle school-aged kids?

I've been looking at land West and North of Canyon Lake. Also looking at Rockin J Ranch but that may be more remote than we want.
Beckdiesel03
AG
IMO as someone who works for a builder and has built 6 homes in Mystic Shores in the last year, its a lot of retired people and less families. 4/6 homes were retired people. One other was DINKS and the last is a young family just starting to have kids. I think more families might be moving out that way once HEB and the commercial development at 281/306 get built. Granted when I am out there its during the week and during the school day, but even during springtime Covid, I didn't see any kids outside playing.
billyjack2009
Thx!
Jason C.
AG
What are y'all's thoughts on Castroville area? It's 30 minutes to downtown in traffic on 90, really a pretty nice highway compared to the rest of San Antonio. All the tract new builds leaving San Antonio in the 150s-200s don't bode well but who's to say. Castroville and Hondo schools aren't a natural draw.

Would love to hear others' thoughts on 90 westbound growth prospects.
Reel Aggies
AG
I live in Bandera and Dr Horton has built 11 homes in my nice quiet subdivision. They apparently bought 10 more lots. Nice crap tract homes on small lots in our custom home neighborhood. They say they are out of lots surrounding SA.
OilFieldIRI
S
Jason C. said:

What are y'all's thoughts on Castroville area? It's 30 minutes to downtown in traffic on 90, really a pretty nice highway compared to the rest of San Antonio. All the tract new builds leaving San Antonio in the 150s-200s don't bode well but who's to say. Castroville and Hondo schools aren't a natural draw.

I passed through that area last week and cookie cutter homes are popping up and it won't stop. Different builders but all particle board homes that will have crappy foundations, no yard, no parking, and small streets.
SanAntoneAg
AG
Go south, my friends.
Rattler12
SanAntoneAg said:

Go south, my friends.
Saspamco
Jason_InfinityRoofer
Jason C. said:

The Castroville area is growing crazy fast. As someone else said, there are lots of cookie cutter homes popping up along 90. However, just north of there on FM 1957/Potranco, there are nicer homes with larger yards. Some of the newest public schools are on the same road, just west of 211, and we heard that eventually a new high school will be going in there too. A new neighborhood is popping up everywhere you look. I don't know that I'd go as far as Hondo if needing to access SA often, but the Castroville area is nice. Feel free to message me if you have more specific questions about the area.
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
Rattler12 said:

SanAntoneAg said:

Go south, my friends.
Saspamco
Elmendorf or GTFO!!!
AG
Jason_InfinityRoofer said:

Jason C. said:

The Castroville area is growing crazy fast. As someone else said, there are lots of cookie cutter homes popping up along 90. However, just north of there on FM 1957/Potranco, there are nicer homes with larger yards. Some of the newest public schools are on the same road, just west of 211, and we heard that eventually a new high school will be going in there too. A new neighborhood is popping up everywhere you look. I don't know that I'd go as far as Hondo if needing to access SA often, but the Castroville area is nice. Feel free to message me if you have more specific questions about the area.

There are a bunch of craptastic neighborhoods going up off 90 just outside of 1604, however Medina County has much stricter subdivision rules and will not allow that type of development, hence the nicer subdivisions off Potranco west of 211 that are in Medina County.
flashplayer
AG
rockwalltxag said:

At one time I wanted to retire in NB, however the "cheap" growth of the city I loved changed my mind.

Yep. Having spent the better part of 15 years there, it's plain to see that in 10-15 years a huge chunk of NB will be the ghetto.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.