Any Cibolo Ags that make the daily commute into SA?

1,425 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AgCWby90CS
$240 Worth of Pudding
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm considering looking out that way. Office is near the airport.
How bad does the traffic get, etc.?
jgh85Ag
AG
I live in Selma, just depends on wrecks and what time you leave. That drive should take 20 minutes on a good day 45 on a bad day.

Going home should be 25 to 55 minutes.

Right now, it is no problem.

aggiejim70
AG
Starting as early as 3:30 making the turn from 410 to 35N can make a preacher cuss. Leaving from the Airport, you might want to take 281 to the Wurzbach Parkway and get off on Thousand Oaks or O'Conner. You'll probably have to get it out of your system and take 281 to 1604 once .I live in Schertz off 1518. In bound in the morning traffic can get heavy on 35S in the 7AM and into the 8AM hour.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
UnderoosAg
AG
Friend of mine lives off 1518 behind the Toyota dealer. We used to work right behind North Star Mall. The commute was one of a handful of reasons he quit. He used to take 78/1604 to 10 and come in sideways sometimes to skip 35S.
TX AG 88
AG
Wow. I'd love a 1518 to Airport commute. I live in Schertz and work on Lackland.

In the mornings, it can be done in under 40 minutes if you leave before 6:30. In the afternoon, it's 45-50 minutes as long as there are no snarls beyond the normal ones.

One tip, I use the Waze app, and turn it on as soon as i get in my vehicle. If there's a wreck somewhere, it'll route me around it and save me from the very worst pile-ups.
FIDO95
AG
I would agree that Wurzbach parkway is the way to go to avoid the I-35/410 intersection. It honestly isn't that bad of a commute... right now.

Just be aware the I-35 South from Schertz all way to the I35/410 intersection is about to go under major reconstruction. I think it is slated to start in the next 12-24 months.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Odin
AG
I drive from New Braunfels to downtown. Depends on what time you leave going both directions. As long as I leave by 6:15 I'm at the office before 7, coming home anytime after 4:30 is going to take longer.

I've been doing it for 2 years and you either get used to it or hate it.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
FIDO95 said:

I would agree that Wurzbach parkway is the way to go to avoid the I-35/410 intersection. It honestly isn't that bad of a commute... right now.

Just be aware the I-35 South from Schertz all way to the I35/410 intersection is about to go under major reconstruction. I think it is slated to start in the next 12-24 months.
Yep. I hope I'm helping on that contract.
AgShaun00
AG
I am in cibolo and work around jones Maltsberger and Thousand Oaks. 25 mins each way unless wreck. South on 35 pass 1604 toward 410 can back up. Not bad at all.
Matsui
AG
The consensus is do you consider a 30-50 minute commute "bad"?
AgCWby90CS
AG
Odin said:

I drive from New Braunfels to downtown. Depends on what time you leave going both directions. As long as I leave by 6:15 I'm at the office before 7, coming home anytime after 4:30 is going to take longer.

I've been doing it for 2 years and you either get used to it or hate it.
same here, as long as I'm to Bitters & West Ave by 7 am, traffic is not bad. At 5, if I leave right at 5, can usually stay ahead of most downtown traffic coming out. 35-45 minutes most days to Clear Springs area on Hwy 46. 50 minutes means there's been a wreck or some other issue.
CWby '90
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.