Curfew

3,888 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DGAG92
WorkerBee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.kens5.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/bexar-county-covid-curfew-thanksgiving-weekend/273-01e5e93d-3930-4497-bf74-b25f2f5355e0
2008and1
AG
I've been pretty indifferent or even supportive of much of what the city has done so far, but this is dumb.
GCRanger
AG
This is ridiculous.
ValleyRatAg
AG
I'm just about to quit being obedient.
GinaLinetti
AG
Yeah. People aren't going to comply. I feel bad for restaurants with dine in having to close at 10. That's bullahit
MookieBlaylock
AG
This mayor needs a major ass kicking

p_bubel
What a ****ing joke.

Science!
bam02
AG
This BS isn't going away when COVID dies down. These scumbags love this kind of power. Ozone Action Days will never be the same.
lp01
AG
Can we recall these jokers?
mccjames
AG
Please, please please get rid of Mayor in the next election.

Wolf just wants to see his name in print or on the news, liked him as mayor, hate him as Judge.
Easy come, Easy go
The Lurker
AG
Here is a link to the declaration: https://covid19.sanantonio.gov/files/assets/public/files/about/11th-addendum-to-the-8th-declaration-of-public-health-emergency.pdf

Curfew in focus but he also:
1. Prohibited large gatherings outside in excess of 10 people, with some exceptions.
2. Household social gatherings, including family gatherings, shall not include more than 10 people.

Q&A on the curfew:
Q: I have to work later than 10 PM. Will I be in violation of the curfew?
A: No. The curfew prohibits social gatherings after 10 PM. Driving home from work is not a violation.

Q: Does the curfew apply only to outside gatherings?
A: No. Residents are prohibited from gathering with others outside of their household after 10 p.m., including inside of a private home.

Q: Can food trucks continue to operate after 10 PM?
A: Yes. Food trucks may offer takeout after 10 PM, but they must ensure people don't linger or gather at the site.

Q: Is exercising after 10 PM a violation the curfew?
A: No. Individuals may exercise after 10 p.m.; however, please note that most City parks have a closing time. Group exercising after 10 p.m. could be cited for a violation. The intent of the curfew is to limit the gathering of people.

Q: Do restaurants need to clear their dining rooms of customers at 10 p.m.?
A: Enforcement officers will honor a grace period of 30 minutes after closing, but restaurants should take all reasonable steps to closed their dining rooms by 10 p.m., such as stopping the seating of new customers before 10 p.m.

Q: I'm going to a wedding this weekend. If it goes later than 10 PM, can I be cited for a curfew violation?
A: If the wedding is being held at a private business, such as an event space, attending the event is not a violation of the curfew. The current state occupancy limitations continue to apply to businesses.
p_bubel
It's basically a way to shut down bars and restaurants at 10. It's not going to be enforced otherwise.
MookieBlaylock
AG
You know whats a bigger riske than covid here in Saytown?

Dipping your tortilla chips into the butter packet
Like it's salsa
ValleyRatAg
AG
5'2" 350# died of COVID.
Burdizzo
AG
mccjames said:

Please, please please get rid of Mayor in the next election.

Wolf just wants to see his name in print or on the news, liked him as mayor, hate him as Judge.

Here is a hint. Run an opposition candidate better than Greg Brockhouse. That guy was a first class chump.
azul_rain
**** them all
you may all go to hell and i will go to Texas
The Lurker
AG
What is their reasoning that a private business event venue can remain open past 10pm for a wedding and serve food and alcohol but a restaurant can't?
MookieBlaylock
AG
Clearly the mayor has a wedding to go to this weekend
kevmiller
bam02 said:

This BS isn't going away when COVID dies down. These scumbags love this kind of power. Ozone Action Days will never be the same.

Yep and the more people comply the more they will try and control.
Our way of life is at stake.
jgh85Ag
AG
If I did not go to sleep at 9:30, I would be defiantly out there.
Muzzleblast
The voters getting what they voted for.

Shocking.

Enabled by Abbott this will go on and on until people take their freedom back.
mjfrog
AG
Could someone remind me again why we didn't elect an extension of Ivy Taylor, a responsible "Democrat" or "non-partisian" mayor that seemingly could do no wrong? We chose to elect a seemingly non-partisian, but really a typical Democrat (or RINO, since he's too shady to identify) Ron Niremberg who even had the blessing of former mayor Phil Hardberger! (We all knew the Castro boys were La Raza ch*theads, so non-factor there), but why the support from Hardberger?! I'm not in the hunt anymore for the mayor of SA, because I got the FRICK out of there! SA needs a backbone, but they have none.
Burdizzo
AG
Ivy was a perfectly capable city administrator, but she didn't have any vision for what she wanted the city to become under her watch. She saw the streetcar project for what it was, a wasteful boondoggle pet project. So she killed it. That pissed off several key power brokers in town, namely Kingmaker Nelson Wolff. Without any vision beyond not wasting money, she didn't garner a lot of support from people that matter.
A New Hope
How many more police officers are they going to employ to enforce it? Essentially, they need to pull over every single car on the highway during those hours to fairly adjudicate it.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Was the new land bridge over the park shut down from 10-5 so the animals won't catch the covids?
agforlife97
AG
Burdizzo said:

Ivy was a perfectly capable city administrator, but she didn't have any vision for what she wanted the city to become under her watch. She saw the streetcar project for what it was, a wasteful boondoggle pet project. So she killed it. That pissed off several key power brokers in town, namely Kingmaker Nelson Wolff. Without any vision beyond not wasting money, she didn't garner a lot of support from people that matter.
Seems like a decent vision to me, especially in a backwater like San Antonio. These dummies might also try and attract more Fortune 500 companies, or business in general. I'd be sitting in Elon Musk's office right now if I were Fuhrer Nuremberg, instead of cowering in my house.
Burdizzo
AG
agforlife97 said:

Burdizzo said:

Seems like a decent vision to me, especially in a backwater like San Antonio. These dummies might also try and attract more Fortune 500 companies, or business in general. I'd be sitting in Elon Musk's office right now if I were Fuhrer Nuremberg, instead of cowering in my house.

Seems like a decent vision to me too. Unfortunately, this city has a huge inferiority complex over the fact that Austin has surpassed it in population and coolness.
The Lurker
AG
Metro Health warns against indoor dining, gatherings in latest directive

"Avoid dining indoors with anybody you don't live with," the guidance says, citing that correctly wearing a mask while eating and drinking is not possible.

The directive also suggests restaurants switch to "exclusively outdoor dining" to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. Additionally, indoor gatherings involving "yelling, singing and forceful exhalations (such as vigorous exercise)" are advised against with members outside one's household.

p_bubel
So much science in that press realease.
AG
So time to set up the tents outdoors to eat, which will be more compact than the actual restaurant area itself.

SCIENCE!
AG
I guess they are also trying to say in a nice way "church is bad". No singing allowed.
The Lurker
AG
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

I guess they are also trying to say in a nice way "church is bad". No singing allowed.
indoor gatherings involving "yelling, singing and forceful exhalations"

no church is one thing but are they saying... no hanky panky?
Burdizzo
AG
The Lurker said:

No airing of grievances during Festivus.
mccjames
AG
To true, where are the decent candidates?
Easy come, Easy go
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
Burdizzo said:

The Lurker said:

No airing of grievances during Festivus.
If they try to take away the feats of strength, things are going to get out of control. It's going to get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.