Nice hotels on Riverwalk..

2,535 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by buda91
kevmiller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wife and I are taking a trip in November and one the stops includes a night in San Antonio. Wife has always liked the Riverwalk
Any suggestions on nice places on Riverwalk or any places to for sure avoid?
TIA
NastyNate
Check out Hotel Valencia. Not sure what the experience is like during Covid times but it's a nice hotel and highly rated. If you aren't opposed to being just outside of downtown, check out Hotel Emma. It is technically "on" the riverwalk but not the part you are thinking of. It's about a mile or so away and you can walk or take a water taxi. Again, not sure about how things are right now.
WillowCityTX_C5L1
AG
Hotel Contessa
bam02
AG
Valencia and Contessa were gonna be my two suggestions.

Hotel Emily is supposed to absolutely top notch. On the river in the Pearl. Never stayed there. Too $$$$
george1992
Valencia is Aggie owned. Great place.
poet0715
AG
La Mansion is my wife's favorite place on the Riverwalk. Great location and Las Canarias is an awesome place for a nice, romantic dinner.
sklipes
Hotel Havana is a Bunkhouse property & really nice as well.
wadd96
AG
Valencia.or Contessa. I prefer Valencia.
All the God's, all the Heavens, all the Hells are within you.
scoodogg
AG
Another vote for Valencia. It has become our go to hotel. We enjoy closing out the night at their bar.
SidetrackAg
AG
I've always like the Hyatt next to Mad Dogs. Think the front is on Lasoya St
abcags
AG
Hotel Emma at the Pearl. Still on the river, but mot the touristy part of the Riverwalk. But you can walk along the river to that part.
TyHolden
AG
Is everything open right now for Christmas? Want to go for a day or two after Christmas. Not NYE.
george1992
thomas20:29 said:

Is everything open right now for Christmas? Want to go for a day or two after Christmas. Not NYE.

4K lodges in Poth. Lunch at circle G. Dinner at Shorty's. I'll be down there from 12/23 to 12/28 for sure. Can get you a hog hunt on short notice. Nothing tells a wife you love her like gut shooting a big sow after Christmas.
TyHolden
AG
george1992 said:

thomas20:29 said:

4K lodges in Poth. Lunch at circle G. Dinner at Shorty's. I'll be down there from 12/23 to 12/28 for sure. Can get you a hog hunt on short notice. Nothing tells a wife you love her like gut shooting a big sow after Christmas.
Pote is where the Busy Beaver is right?
george1992
That's in Beaverton in between Pote and Shortys. Quit being a dumbass. You know better.
OilFieldIRI
S
Places are open. Save the money and vacation when you can actually enjoy the RW. 1700 new cases today.
buda91
AG
I travel to SA for work a lot. If you want something less expensive than the Valencia (which IS really awesome), I stay at the Drury Plaza Inn. It's in a cool old bank building with quick access to RWalk. I prefer the "suite" with a separate BR and LR area, and I prefer the "Alamo tower" so you don't have to change elevators to get to your room. That's all I got to say about that.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.