Property Tax Protest

2,385 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SW AG80
The Lurker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can anyone recommend a company to use for a residential property tax protest?
Burdizzo
AG
The guy I have heard a lot of people use in my neighborhood is Arthur Veltman. Unfortunately, I am also heating he may not be taking new clients right now
bam02
AG
I have used O'Connor and Associates out of Houston. Recommended by a friend a few years ago and I've been pleased.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Burdizzo said:

The guy I have heard a lot of people use in my neighborhood is Arthur Veltman. Unfortunately, I am also heating he may not be taking new clients right now
Yeah, I called pretty late last year and they said they were full and not taking any new cases. I went at it on my own, might even be a summary here. I'll look for it.
AG
https://texags.com/forums/62/topics/3035970/last
jgh85Ag
AG
Just saw my valuation. Holy crap. I have been using veltman for 5 years.
aggiejumper
AG
I've used Veltman for nearly 10 years. They are currently not taking new customers. I've had good luck with them. You have to take pics, send info, etc to your advisor but they guide you through.

I am moving to a new build in Comal County to get away from the wild tax rates...for now, I'm sure they'll go up there too.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Wait you have to take pics and build the case
Wtf do they do?

If you bring comps and pics and show you have done the research you will win
Been doing it for 10 years and never not got a reduction
The building downtown is nice and they are timely

Wouldnt pay someone when you do all the work
88planoAg
AG
We have protested on our own for residential. Didn't seem worth the cost for someone else to do it. We were able to get it decreased each time.
Burdizzo
AG
88planoAg said:

We have protested on our own for residential. Didn't seem worth the cost for someone else to do it. We were able to get it decreased each time.

I have been protesting mine on my own. I keep a file of deferred maintenance projects on hand with construction estimates and pictures (siding repairs, driveway repairs, etc). I file those with my protest and get a few thousand dollars knocked off the appraisal. It is not a lot of tax dollars, but it helps to slow down the incremental creep that happens every year when the whole block goes up 5% arbitrarily. My house is often in the top 5/sq ft in appraisal on my block for no apparent reason, and I am trying to work my way down.
88planoAg
AG
Burdizzo said:

88planoAg said:

I have been protesting mine on my own. I keep a file of deferred maintenance projects on hand with construction estimates and pictures (siding repairs, driveway repairs, etc). I file those with my protest and get a few thousand dollars knocked off the appraisal. It is not a lot of tax dollars, but it helps to slow down the incremental creep that happens every year when the whole block goes up 5% arbitrarily. My house is often in the top 5/sq ft in appraisal on my block for no apparent reason, and I am trying to work my way down.
That is how we've done it too. I wonder at what point they will question why those repairs don't get done...
The Lurker
AG
O'connor had bad reviews online so I was hesitant to use. Just FYI I signed up with Steevens & Williamson Property Tax Service on recommendation from my realtor. Michelle Williamson seems very knowledgeable and the firm is well staffed to handle the protest. It is just a flat rate of $250 per property.
AG
88planoAg said:

Burdizzo said:

88planoAg said:

That is how we've done it too. I wonder at what point they will question why those repairs don't get done...
I sandbagged my photos, only gave them some of the repairs and changes that I thought needed to be made. I'll have plenty more this next go round.
TXAggie4Christ
AG
Howdy all. I'm a realtor on the NE side in Schertz but since I help a lot of military and veterans I serve clients all around SA and rural locations.

I assist folks with their residential protests with data for no charge. I usually help mainly past clients and friends.........why not add the Tex Ags family?

If you live in Comal, Guadalupe, Bexar, Wilson counties (those are my target markets), You can text me at 210 three92 eight075 and I'll see if I can help you with your county value.
Vernada
AG
TXAggie4Christ said:

Howdy all. I'm a realtor on the NE side in Schertz but since I help a lot of military and veterans I serve clients all around SA and rural locations.

I assist folks with their residential protests with data for no charge. I usually help mainly past clients and friends.........why not add the Tex Ags family?

If you live in Comal, Guadalupe, Bexar, Wilson counties (those are my target markets), You can text me at 210 three92 eight075 and I'll see if I can help you with your county value.

Good bull.
SW AG80
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.