Pier and beam companies

1,543 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by p_bubel
BrazosDog02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am also going to need recommendations for companies that handle leveling of old pier and beam homes. I realize perfection is not realistic in old homes but some degree of level would be nice. The home may need additional structure but I'm not an expert in that. Also, there is very little space under the floor...as in 12-16".

Are there any companies in SA or surrounding areas that specialize in this type of thing?
p_bubel
I can't speak highly enough of Cuellar Foundation. The brought the sides and rear of the house up 5" without so much as cracking the grout lines in my new-ish bathroom.

BrazosDog02
AG
This is exactly the kind of company I need. Looks like these guys have been around old homes! Thanks!
BrazosDog02
AG
Called and left a message. We'll see !!
p_bubel
Good luck.
BrazosDog02
AG
No luck so far.

Still looking for recommendations!
p_bubel
I know Baird does a lot of work in my neighborhood.

I saw on one of their jobs that they got a place that was leaning so bad one side of the house was touching the dirt and got it back level and upright.

But I've never used them.
BrazosDog02
AG
Maybe I need to evaluate my torso girth and shimmy under this thing with my Bottle jack and jam a shim in there. There really isn't much more to it but I'm not the "shimmy in right spaces" type.
Krazykat
AG
I have not used this company, but will be calling Centex Foundation Repair for an estimate on an older pier and beam house in NB. I hear them advertised alot.

www.welevelit.com
BrazosDog02
AG
BrazosDog02
AG
Well, good news is that I have three companies that are very good at what they do. Good news is that the prices are all in the same ballpark and everyone has similar idea on what to do.
p_bubel
It ain't cheap, that's for sure.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.