Hotel and Anniversary Dinner Ideas

1,684 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Ted Logan
Lt. Joe Bookman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife and I are attending a wedding in SA in May at Magnolia Halle (https://goo.gl/maps/zjx1C3Xty7C2). It also happens to be our wedding anniversary so we were planning on making a long weekend out of it.

It's been years since I've been to San Antonio... Does anyone have any ideas on where to stay and where to have dinner? We will likely get into town early Friday and have our anniversary dinner on Friday night. Then wedding Saturday night and leave town on Sunday.

We don't mind staying a little ways away and ubering to the wedding. So I guess Riverwalk wouldn't be out of the question.
BlackLab
AG
If you want to be closer to the event, you could try staying at La Cantera and eating at Signature or staying at Elian and eating at Ruth's Chris.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
We stayed at the Elian and ate at the restaurant there, thought it was pretty good.
Whitetail
AG
La Cantera or Eilan...Uber ride across I10 after dinner and hit up some live music at Pat Green's place, the Rustic.
Beckdiesel03
AG
We did the Eilan a few years back after getting the rec from here and it was great. We didn't even have to uber bc they would shuttle us around within a few miles of the hotel. Getting dropped off and picked up from top golf was awesome.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Please don't ever recomend Ruth Chris to anyone when an Aggie owned steak house is one of the best in the world

Bohannons for the win
BlackLab
AG
Agree 100% but I was recommending something within walking distance from Eilan.
MookieBlaylock
AG
BlackLab said:

Agree 100% but I was recommending something within walking distance from Eilan.

A damn whataburger is better than Ruth chris
aggiebrad94
AG
My wife and I have had great luck do a priceline "name your own price" for a 4-star Riverwalk hotel. There's just something fun about being able to walk out of the hotel and around the Riverwalk.
Ted Logan
AG
Hotel Emma. There are a dozen excellent restaurants within walking distance or at the hotel itself.

Don't worry about the drive to the wedding. Nothing is very far in SA. You can be there in 15 minutes.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.