Mountain cedar allergy

1,760 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by PLUM LOCO
SLF11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any of you guys and gals figured the best way to treat mountain cedar allergy? I'm in San Antonio and it has finally hit with the little dry spell and westerly winds.

Afraid I'm too late for the allergy shot. Zyrtec works mediocre at best for me, and with a deviated septum the nose rinse feels like I'm being water boarded.
TX AG 88
AG
My wife has bad mountain cedar allergies. She started sneezing the other day, but it passed pretty quickly. Don't think she's into the full swing of it, yet - but it's on the way, as sure as death and taxes.

She used to live on Benadryl. Zyrtec wasn't much of an upgrade. Supposedly Xyzal is the current best of the crop, and that's what she's taking, but while it may be somewhat better, it's not exactly a game changer, either. Sorry, no miracle cure suggestions.
AggieDarlin
AG
Add some Flonase in addition to the zyrtec or allegra (whichever one you end up using)
inozips
AG
Cedar X find it at HEB
AgCWby90CS
AG
Long term add local honey to your diet. Fains out of Llano available in some north side HEB's and Fowler's out of LaVernia area available in most stores. It will help build up immunity to pollens.
CWby '90
ForeverAg
AG
As a long time suffer and verified allergy to cedars...The best thing you can do is get on shots as soon as possible. It will not help you at all for now however I started about 6 months ago and I have seen an improvement.

Nettipot several times a day. I use the squeeze bottle kind, not the kettle pot kind.

Never get into your bed without a shower at night. (I now shower twice a day)

Local honey is a good idea

Take 24 hour allergy medicine every 12 hours. I take Claritin D Liquid Gels and that is the best for me.

Gargle with Salt Water at the first onset of a sore throat or scratchiness.
Zman91
AG
For me allergy shots were the way to go. I did them for 6 years, I have been off the shots for the last 2 cedar seasons and have had no issues.
babie_kreauxda
AG
loratadine and flonase plus a good multivitamin
SanAntoneAg
AG
Old timers would eat the berries.
PLUM LOCO
AG
Start Flonaise in mid October daily until at least mid February.

I have tried everything and this seems to work for my wife and I.

Generic Flonaise at HEB.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.