Looking for Probate lawyer Recommendation in SA

1,926 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by AgFan247
AgFan247
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My mother passed away and despite her protestations that she had everything taken care of, did not leave a will. My sister and I just need to get the probate done so we can deal with her house. I have always kept aTexasLegal membership so I am looking through all the names and trying to pick one and thought I would ask here for any recommendations.

Thanks in Advance
Producers_96
AG
Not an Ag, but Barrett Shipp at Heinrichs & De Gennaro is a good friend of mine from law school, and I'd trust him with anything in that area.

Website

reedag12
AG
So sorry for your loss. I am a probate attorney in San Antonio. I would be happy to speak with you about the process.
bam02
AG
Sorry for your loss.

Haven't done probate, but Chris Pettit did our will and came highly recommended. We really liked working with him.
AgFan247
AG
Thanks for the responses. My wife has since informed me we have TexasLegal membership through work, so I will be looking through there. Do you participate in that reedag12? If not, is it even worth it?

Either way I would love to talk to you as I am clueless about this process.

edit: removed email address
Dos Tortugas
AG
Producers_96 said:

Not an Ag, but Barrett Shipp at Heinrichs & De Gennaro is a good friend of mine from law school, and I'd trust him with anything in that area.

Website

As an attorney, I recommend Barrett as well. I've used him in the past personally. I would be a bit skeptical of those "free" legal services referral groups. You generally get the level of service you pay for.
Jason C.
AG
gooseegg01 said:

Producers_96 said:

Website

As an attorney, I recommend Barrett as well. I've used him in the past personally. I would be a bit skeptical of those "free" legal services referral groups. You generally get the level of service you pay for.

Triple-recommending that firm. Barrett does more of the litigation/contentious side of things. His wife, Mo, also at the firm, may be better situated to help with probate. Either way call Barrett and he'll get you hooked up. Unless your pre-paid deal is 100% prepaid, I'd call Barrett. It's like when your company has crappy dental insurance and you have to go to the dentist in the hood and still pay $500 for getting hepatitis in their waiting room--you wish you'd just paid cash to go to a better dentist. It's like that with lawyers, too. Barrett/Mo are more than reasonable.
AgFan247
AG
NM
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.