Drinking Beer on the Comal

4,917 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by AgsMyDude
bonfarr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am floating the Comal for the 1st time since the can ban was in effect. How does one drink beer for 5 or 6 hours out of a re-usable container? Anyone have some tips?

My Yeti tumbler will only hold 1 Tall Boy and I am not sure how to refill it with the ban.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
bbry81
Go to any tube rental place website and they will show you their options.
bonfarr
AG
bbry81 said:

Go to any tube rental place website and they will show you their options.

I have done that but the options are sports bottles, camelbaks, and non disposable cups/mugs. I get that part of it I just wonder about the execution part. I can fill my tumbler when I get there and drink beer but what about the remaining 5.5 hours of floating after I finish it?
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Odin
AG
You can also get the metal growlers (half gallon) and put 2 of them in a small bag cooler and refill your mug. Rich *******s that wanted a private river have made it such a pain to use a public waterway.
Burdizzo
AG
Probably got tired of people getting out of the river to drop trou on their property.
Ragoo
AG
If I remember from the origuana implementation it wasn't a can ban so much as it was a ban on non-reusable containers. Ie; plastic water bottles are out too.
bonfarr
AG
Odin said:

You can also get the metal growlers (half gallon) and put 2 of them in a small bag cooler and refill your mug. Rich *******s that wanted a private river have made it such a pain to use a public waterway.

Good call on the metal growlers, I found some 64oz ones at HEB and they did the trick. Cops were out in force but weren't ticketing they were just confiscating and.dumping. They also were enforcing the max cooler size making people exit the river with their cooler if it was bigger than 16 qt. A sorority girl was demanding a refund from Texas Tubes after her whole group had to get out because their Yeti was too big. The owner laughed in her face.
SquirrellyDan
AG
The can ban was "in effect" last year but was not enforced. Has that changed?
bonfarr
AG
PrimeTime09 said:

The can ban was "in effect" last year but was not enforced. Has that changed?

Yes, the cops are enforcing it and are confiscating and dumping illegal containers and making people with coolers too large get out of the river.

I was told by some officers they were only ticketing unruly people that were begging for a ticket.
Goodbull_19
AG
Doing my brothers bachelor party on the Comal in a few weeks... would I be able to have cans in a cooler and then discreetly fill my tumbler one can at a time and leaving empties in my cooler? Or would that be too obvious/cops would be on to that? Any other suggestions for a group of young guys to drink lots of beer?
bonfarr
AG
FightinGator19 said:

Doing my brothers bachelor party on the Comal in a few weeks... would I be able to have cans in a cooler and then discreetly fill my tumbler one can at a time and leaving empties in my cooler? Or would that be too obvious/cops would be on to that? Any other suggestions for a group of young guys to drink lots of beer?

You could get away with it maybe but there is a good chance you have to dump all your beer or get a $500 fine.

My.suggestion is to buy a few of these and refill your Yeti tumbler. 5 beers in the growler and 2 in the Yeti to start and there is a place to refill the growler at the halfway point.

https://www.google.com/search?q=stainless+steel+growler+64+oz&client=ms-android-google&sa=X&biw=412&bih=691&tbs=vw:l,ss:44&tbm=shop&prmd=sivn&srpd=6053964917021784144&prds=epd:12782157207345886625,paur:ClkAsKraX_7CWXTWPJLAxX8Y3LHGDSOSCFY2Acpq3uncou-vKN4BB-JNIbMpT0bmkNv4EmA4O569Nyo1E-ij7K7ncBG9fNJcc6pIF7l_cBnJYt2z49SmdWiG3hIZAFPVH71_C-M52xr-LNWsHg0Uwp0r3z_XUQ,cdl:1,cid:3345822672918098823&ved=0ahUKEwjQ6NaVjazbAhVRL6wKHU1_DTsQgTYI8wQ
SquirrellyDan
AG
I bought an aluminum growler from Freisenhaus off of 35 last year. It comes with a little CO2 adapter that turns it into a little keg, complete with the spout. It was around 70 bucks but it works awesome.
Goodbull_19
AG
How big is it?!
SquirrellyDan
AG
FightinGator19 said:

How big is it?!
120 ounces, I believe. Here's the system, but I didn't pay that much.

https://www.drinktanks.com/product/happy-hour/

Apparently there are different sizes up to 164 oz
AgsMyDude
AG
Get a growler.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.