Rec. for New Braunfels custom home builder

2,173 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Aggie_3
SquirrellyDan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I recently purchased a lot and plan to build in the next 18 months in New Braunfels. I'm planning on something around 2,500 sq. ft, modern farmhouse style.

I've only spoken with one builder (Williams Hirsch). They are both former Ags and I liked them a lot, but I was wondering if anyone has a recommendation for another builder I should speak to in the area.

Thanks in advance!
bam02
AG
Comal Custom Homes
-Micah Koehn 2107890889

I think he would do a great job with exactly what you're after.
Ragoo
AG
i walked this house with Kyle Brant a couple of weeks back. He and his wife do great work just by looking at this one spec home. if I can ever get back to town I would not hesitate having Kyle and his wife design a home for me.

http://www.meyerbranthomes.com/available-lots-homes/684-acorn-drive/
Beckdiesel03
AG
Robert Allison
dead zip 01
AG
Bobby Kraft is great. I was extremely pleased with his work and how easy he was to work with.
James Walker `02
AG
My wife and I used Craig Pawelek out of Seguin and loved him. I have Heard good things about Robert Allison. I also know that Kurk Custom Homes is Aggie owned and operated and they sponsor Aggie Football on KTSA.
SW AG80
AG
ttt
5aggiesNSA
Robert Allison
agdoc2001
AG
We're building right now with River Hills. I really like the owner Lee, but haven't been too happy with our project manager. We are 3 months behind schedule and have had lots of mistakes along the way. Tough to recommend them right now.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
SW AG80
AG
agdoc, where are yall building?
agdoc2001
AG
River chase
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Human
AG
Every custom builder building a home over $700K is behind schedule

Even at a lower price point you'll get quoted 8-9 months

I have an Ag friend that's building a large, large custom home on the river that is 4-5 months behind schedule

Scarcity of good, quality labor
who?mikejones
AG
I can confirm
agdoc2001
AG
Home is less than 700k. The delay is the least of my complaints.
OverR
AG
Fwiw, even on production homes we are struggling to hit 6 months.

A large custom I wouldn't be surprised to hear a year. City of New B tends to be a little easier to deal with than a Schertz or SA. So maybe a month or two less.
Aggie_3
bam02 said:

Comal Custom Homes
-Micah Koehn 2107890889

I think he would do a great job with exactly what you're after.

I second this he will be building the wife and I's First home we have rented from him for a few years now! Amazing guy and very straight shooter
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.