A/C Repair Recommendations?

940 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by pgag04
ABATTBQ11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A/C is toast. Been kind of expecting it because it's 19 years old. Any recommendations?
babie_kreauxda
AG
i have used champion ac for tune ups and they've always shot straight with me. i spend a lot of time talking to the tech and discussing options and have ended up doing work myself. they have some deal for $5555 which i don't know is good or not...
ABATTBQ11
AG
Not sure how good it is either, but it's only for a 14 SEER unit. I'm thinking 15-16 for efficiency. CPS has a rebate program for units in those ranges, so I might as well.
Aquin
AG
We use Wilks A/C. Aggie owned. Good folks and competent repairmen. Ask for Patrick, a good Ag.
valtosca
AG
hunterntexas
AG
$5555 for a 14 SEER is reasonable, but that is the minimum now. Look into CPS rebates to see if you can swing 17 for close up-front and more efficiency.

*assuming ~2.5 tons.
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
Reininger A/C & Heating is who we use in the Floresville area and they cover as far away as Boerne and Big Wells. Justin Reininger can be reached at 210-865-4178.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Jeff Crumrine has done my work for years and years. Research the CPS rebates, that is a pretty good deal for basically free money.
pgag04
AG
I have used liberty air for most of our work. They have always been upfront and treated us right. Condenser motor went out in July. Uni was 13 yrs old and had started having issues. We decided to go ahead and replace it with a 15 deer unit. Liberty air waived the condenser motor repair price since we upgraded to a new unit.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.