Home Improvement
Sponsored by

small under sink tankless water heater

605 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by JSKolache
RoyVal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anybody use a single sink tankless water heater? I don't want a recirc pump and I'm thinking about adding a small tankless water heater under my kitchen sink for instant hot water. Just looking for brand recommendations and experiences if anybody uses this.
Chris Martin 87
AG
In 2018 I purchased on Amazon this: Stiebel Eltron DHC-E 8/10 kW, 240-volt, electronically-controlled point-of-use tankless electric water heater. There may be a newer model 6 years later. Most expensive piece of the project was hiring an electrician to run 240V to kitchen island. They also hard wired the heater to the electricity. Works great! Never an issue and instant hot water hot enough to wash dishes. Attached to the interior side cabinet wall below kitchen sink, so doesn't take up much space.
tgivaughn
AG

"The Money Pit" radio show & website thinks the WATTS brand ideal for this but there's also the $450
AquaMotion Under Sink Recirculation System for Hot Water Tank without Timer option.

Not the 115v demand tank you seek, as do I someday so will tag along to learn more.
IMHO and am sticking to it
JSKolache
AG
Tankless is new and interesting. I installed a 2 gal electric tank under kitchen sink 6 yrs ago, it was about a hundred bucks. I wanted a 5 gal but it wouldnt fit with existing sink drain piping. I get piping hot water for a minute, then it cools down for a minute or two until the main hot supply works it way through.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.