Hilltop Lakes to Franklin TEXAS .... A+ Homebuilders?

1,717 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MoreCushing4thePushing
tgivaughn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Seems that there's a movement toward this area to design & build modest size retirement homes this year.

It's almost impossible to tempt a local, known A+ quality home builder from Aggieland to travel that far, that often to produce same quality workmanship, still make a profit while distracted from plenty of local projects and be affordable.

Searches fail or provide no good information nor "ratings" at
BBB
Google
Home Builder's Asso
anything Architect related
etc.

Any semi-personal stories/suggestions to share as referrals?
Extra credit for concrete slab-on-grade foundation savvy insights.

IMHO and am sticking to it
htxag09
AG
Check out stone oak construction. A really good friend owns it. They do a lot around Franklin, he actually lives out there.

https://stoneoakconstruction.com
Bronco6G
Stone Oak is a good one to vet out. When Bluestone Construction broke up, Charlie turned it into Stone Oak. Make sure you talk to people on projects within the last year, as those are going to be the ones Stone Oak did under the new management. Most of the projects you see on the website was done under the Bluestone flag.
Belton Ag
AG
I personally know 2 builders that live in that area, Stone Oak (mentioned before) and Campbell Homes. Both build using reinforced slabs (not post-tension) if that's what you're looking for.

Both would be great options for you. Stone Oak's superintendent is about as good as you're ever going to find.
kyledr04
AG
I know several people around Franklin that had Justin Frieda build their house.

https://www.friedahomes.com/
tgivaughn
AG
Thank you, am following up on these
and hope more are coming.

Aggie Construction Science degree a plus
Slab-on-grade foundation inspection report/insights from Architect/Engineer a big plus
ukbb2003
I believe 2D Homes in Bryan does homes out on the Franklin area as well. I would definitely contact them to find out. Victor is involved with developing and revising building codes.
stu.pidarse
+1 for Cambell Homes. I've been in mine for just over 1 year.
tgivaughn
AG
They are doing one of my designs up there now but NO COMMS ... so please tell me anything about who does their conc.foundations and anything else. You can google my email. Thanks for this reply!
stu.pidarse
Dont know for sure but he goes by "Jaylynn". Apparently been in the business for a long time with good reputation. My slab and flatwork is all good so far.
tgivaughn
AG
Thank you! How many years concrete is all good & general location (so I can judge soils there)?

stu.pidarse
My slab was poured 1.5 yrs ago. Driveway about 3 Mos ago. I'm 5 miles south of Franklin. Sandy soil on a grade they brought in 60 or 70 trucks of select dirt/clay.
tgivaughn
AG
Many thanks! Haven't found Jaylynn yet but I will ....
tgivaughn
AG
Using a top flight concrete labor crew, Kubacak Construction, Inc. may weigh in here.

Of the inquiries sent out, no others have replied with a) conc.labor names, b) interest in that area ... maybe locals to that area are swamped? Avoid Architects? .... ?????
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
Ambit Homes
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.