American Standard 14 seer 3 ton a/c replacement cost

1,701 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by tgivaughn
Addy KB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hi friends,

My Lennox a/c needs to be replaced & is out of warranty + home warranty not covering so I wanted to get an idea on the cost of a new one. The outside a/c unit + the inside evaporator coils unit are being replaced with American Standard 14 seer 3 ton. The total quote we have been given for parts + labor is around $5200. Is that a good price or do we need to shop around more? Any other advise on a/c replacement would be good, a newbie here! Thank you!

Edit: If it helps, I am in Houston, TX
Aggietaco
AG
I was quoted $5k for a 2.5 ton Carrier 16 SEER system with new condenser, coil, and gas furnace about a week ago. This was a pseudo friend deal, so maybe a bit better than normal, but I didn't need to pursue it yet.
ftworthag02
AG
Had american standard 3ton 16 seer w/ gas furnace installed in March for $8900. They relocated the unit from the middle of the attic to one side of attic and also installed all new r-8 ducts and relocated thermostat. Home built in 1915 with ship lap behind sheet rock. What a improvement! Should've done it a long time ago.
Dill-Ag13
AG
2017 quotes for a 3-ton 16 SEER
$6,200
$7,000
$7,200
UmustBKidding
Don't think its a bad price but get bids. 88agswin (enviromax) is ac contactor that posts here carries trane. Need to make sure things like line set compatible if this is a conversation from r22, many are not. The bids are not just about price but to sanity check is putting back in what you have is the right thing to do.
88agswin
AG
I own Enviromax Services....As Umustbkidding stated I am in Cypress so I would be willing to take a look at it. Please call my office at 713-466-7555 or my cell at 832-347-0807....Jim Wolf class of '88
[URL]http://wiseguyscooling.com [/URL]
Whoop Delecto
AG
tgivaughn
AG
4-ton Trane 18 SEER compressor condenser thermostat Heat Pump
VARIABLE SPEED, all bells/whistles
New RA duct
Connect to existing metal ducts
June 2021
$16k

Slight bit of energy savings
Super comfort we've never had prior
Climate Docs
IMHO and am sticking to it
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.