Help me identify…

1,308 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Sazerac
MyMamaSaid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mysterious lines between panes of glass. Formed gradually over the summer of 2021. 25' off the ground, due south facing window, and no signs of termite damage. Zip code 77007.

What you say, Texags?
javajaws
AG
Your dad is trying to communicate with you through time/space using morse code. You just need to wait for the rest of the message to arrive.

...I got nothing. Maybe a splash line from outside?
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin
AggieStan
Rice Military ?
Dr. Venkman
AG
What is it? Dirt?

And this is double pane glass where the lines are in between the panes?

They look like lines right after flooding. Has the house flooded?
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Holy crap! A 25' flood?
MyMamaSaid
AG
hah about communicating via crop circles/etc.

Yeah, Rice Military. 4 story house - this window is on the 3rd story facing due south (lots of sun exposure). No trees or other vegetation anywhere near the window. Nearest structure to the window at this level is 30+ feet away.

It does indeed look like a water line, but I've never seen any moisture or water inside the panes. Also, those 'lines' formed gradually over weeks/months as opposed to a single event. Just really strange.

No evidence of any water damage or insects of any kind anywhere around or above the window (ceiling included) at all.
MyMamaSaid
AG
No idea if dirt or funky spider webs or what.

Yes, a double pane window. Agree about looking like water lines after a flood, but that ain't it.

Scary thought - if that were a flood line, Harvey would have to have been about 35-40' higher at Detering and Memorial.
Picard
AG
Looks like someone overfilled the tub.

MyMamaSaid
aggiemike02
AG
when was the house built? its not impossible that the windows were submerged in water at some point before they were installed.
MyMamaSaid
AG
Good question - house was finished in April 2011, so more than 10 years old. These 'lines' have formed in the past ~3 months, and gradually over time.

Siding (overlapping Hardie-plank) was replaced more than 5 years ago.

Appreciate everyone's help!
Dr. Venkman
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Holy crap! A 25' flood?
Missed it was 25' off the ground.

Now I'm wondering if it's somehow related to how that privacy glass is made. Maybe they apply it in rows and those sections didn't get as much material. The seal has broken and now dust is collecting in the pits. Or there's some adhesive or tape that wasn't completely cleaned off in the factory.
MyMamaSaid
AG
OK - a check with my custom builder friend says it's definitely a seal failure and to replace the seal/glass ASAP by a reputable glass company. Said water infiltration likely coming /next soon.

This now known - anyone have a good glass company referral in Houston? I'm in Rice Military (77007).

Thanks!
Sazerac
AG
Euro Glass
JJ +1 (832) 576-7288
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.