Black Star Gravel-Texas Basalt

3,778 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by billyjack2009
redag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have incorporated Black Star Gravel several places for my landscaping that I installed a few months ago, and have noticed that there a lot of pieces that are turning white.

Any ideas on what is causing this, is this normal?
Potcake
AG
We have it around perimeter of back yard and some on the side if the driveway. I'm not sure if they change color or maybe the lighter colored ones weigh less and end up on the surface. But yes, they are more visible over time.
Greeze06
AG
Same, but I really love this rock for pathways. Has made a huge difference in my backyard.
Builder93
AG
It will lighten up a bit and basalt will have some white veins in it occasionally. Also, bird poop doesn't help.
billyjack2009
I think I want to use this for the area behind our garage where the pool equipment and our shed are. It's shaded and grass won't grow there. Sometimes a ball will get tossed into the area when the kids are playing in the pool. Will the stone hurt your feet to walk on barefoot?
Potcake
AG
I go barefoot alot, especially since WFH, so it isn't too bad.
Flashdiaz
AG
Throw some square concrete pavers from Lowe's/hd back there as a path there tenderfoot.

I did but then again I hate the feel of even pea gravel.
billyjack2009
nm
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.