Home Improvement
Sponsored by

40x60 shop with living quarters

2,245 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by jaseev
Tex_Ag_2017
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am trying to design a plan that I can take to a steel supply company like Mueller or someone local that has a 40x60 footprint with a 15 foot lean to on the 60 foot side. It will be a 16 foot tall building with 14 foot roll up doors. I want to add a bedroom and a bathroom and possibly a kitchen, small living area that could serve as a man cave and possibly a processing area for deer, fish, etc.

Does anyone have stuff they've done in the past and what they would do differently? I'm curious if I should do a loft type of layout or if I should do an L shaped building with the small part of the L be the living quarters.
Zombie
This is actually becoming quite common. I am sure any of your steel building dealers could do this and have plans already that you can look through.
Whitetail
AG
Here's what I'd do:

I would stick to rectangular building. Once you decided on how many rooms and bathrooms, google apartment layouts and just pick the best layout. Between the shop and the cabin, set aside 10ft by the width for an enclosed shop room that you can also add AC to. Also, I would recommend adding a storage loft above the room with steps up to it.
jaseev
Check out qebuildings.com for some really good prices on red iron kits(IMHO) based on where I live in North Mississippi. And the 40x60 size you are looking at is the best price per sq.ft. when comparing the other sizes.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.