Moen Faucet Question

1,148 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Old RV Ag
Bregxit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As part of our kitchen remodel we are having a pot filler installed. I took it out of the box the other night to check it out and when it started to unfold there was quite a bit of crunching noise in the hinge. It worked loose and then something started rolling around inside one of the arms. I got the cartridge retention nut tool today and pulled the cart and out popped what looks like a little broken piece of ceramic rod. I am waiting for Moen to call me back but figured I would post some pics here to see if you all have any idea what this is...from a broken part to something that fell in during manufacture. I cannot find anything in the exploded diagram that looks like this unless the cartridges have ceramic inside them.

Bregxit
AG
Moen rep didn't think it was a broken part but didn't want me to find out the hard way so she is 2nd day airing an entire new pot filler. That is some serious customer service!
The Collective
AG
Have had good luck with CS from both Moen & Kohler, both first class orgs in my experience.
strohag
AG
Moen, Delta, Kohler all have great customer service and usually lifetime warranty
Old RV Ag
AG
Moen, buy it for looks, repair it for life. Moen always sent me free new repair parts fast and friendly. But, their advertisements make them sound like they never need repair. I finally took all ours out and went with Kohler. Never had to make another repair.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.